Post your "tell us a joke" joke

We all love cutting edge humour but the report about the tweets sent to Harry Arter last night mocking the birth of his stillborn child are pretty disgusting by even Ball Ox standards. Well - maybe not.

It got me thinking - how do we decide where to draw the line when it comes at attempts at humour. Should anything be off limits?

I asked on the other thread would you be banned from here for it? I doubt it tbh

Was fellas on here making jokes about recent high profile deaths pretty much as soon as announced. Not my cup of tea but not my site.

My personal view. Don’t think any death is a joking matter.

Why did the chicken leave her job?

Because she was getting paid a poultry salary.

:smile:

8 Likes

How often do I make jokes about Chemistry?

Periodically

10 Likes

:joy:

Knock, Knock.
Who’s there?
Dave.
Dave who?
*Dave proceeds to break into tears as his grandmother’s Alzheimers has progressed to the point where she can no longer remember him

1 Like

class

sigh

1 Like

Who was that fella again who had the boat?

There are limits to my comedy. There are things that I’ll never laugh at. The handicapped. Because there’s nothing funny about them. Or any deformity. It’s like when you see someone look at a little handicapped and go ‘ooh, look at him, he’s not able-bodied. I am, I’m prejudiced.’ Yeah, well, at least the little handicapped fella is able-minded. Unless he’s not, it’s difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones.

4 Likes

sigh

1 Like

You started the thread just to post that gag didn’t you

Did you hear about the carrot that died?

There was a large turnip at the funeral

1 Like

that’s what I think of your selection policy, yes I’ve hit the odd copper, yes I’ve enjoyed the old dooby, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I’m walking to John O’Groats for some spastics

1 Like

That wasn’t sir Ian was it??

Those tweets your man sent to Harry Arter were sick. Anyone that would see them as funny needs to have their heads examined.

1 Like

Meanwhile fellas are busy posting their selections on the Celebrity Deaths thread.

6 Likes

What did one Snowman say to the other?
Do you smell carrot?

1 Like

Bit of a difference telling a joke about a dead celebrity and telling a joke about a dead kid directly to their father. Id draw the line there, at mocking people who are recently bereaved

Directly to their face