Superbowl LI: The Road to Houston, Texas

Pats immediately installed as favourites…will need a serious patch-up of OL to get anywhere near it. I’ll be putting a deposit on flights next week tho.

I have a feeling that this new GM the Lions have is going to make a balls of everything. He strikes me an awfully smug prick.

Aside from that I would have no issue if we were to give up our first round pick and trade for Joe Thomas

It will be interesting to see what the Broncos do at QB now.

With deals having to be done for Miller and CJ Anderson it’s impossible to think that, even they they wanted to, they cannot bring Peyton back for another season. Him leaving frees up about $20 million in cap space.

Elway has been shrewd in all of his recruitment moves to date and, while they do like him and could go with him, if there’s any chance of a QB that might be more dynamic than Osweiler in the bootleg then I’m sure he’ll go for it. For the sake of his own career at that point Osweiler would have to leave.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see them make a move for RG3 but his heart seems to be in Texas, another shot at trading for Tyrod Taylor is possible as well after the Bills said they’re considering drafting at QB again.

I’m expecting big things from the following franchises in 2016 also: Kansas, LA Rams, Minnesota Vikings and Pittsburgh.

1 Like

Will that the O Line be the priority in the draft?

I thought they could do with some more offensive weapons for Brady, in light of the injuries that they experienced this year, but I suppose the lack of a round round option counts against that.

They don’t have much cap space to play around with unless someone gets cut

If Steelers pick up some protection for Ben and a decent CB we’re elected.

Seahawks will have watched today’s game scornfully. With Lynch gone/going,it’ll free up some cap and give Rawls a chance to shine. They worked well without Graham and shouldn’t try and shoehorn him in to every play.

Packers won’t be as bad. With a fit Lacy and Nelson returning alongside the best QB in the league, they’ll go close.

Between the three for me.

Aren’t we back on Roman numerals?

2 Likes

More depth at WR yes, but what Brady badly needs is a run game to take the pressure off him… Before Lewis went down they were playing fantastic football…I think Blount and Bolden could be done.

I thought about that, yes… But then the likes of Chucks and Art wouldn’t know what this thread was about… I’d be happy to edit if posters wanted it

We’re back on Roman numerals pal.

Unlucky in the Fantasy playoff challenge btw. 16/16 active participants. You’re some spoofer :joy:

:rollseyes:

Did I even set a lineup for the bowl?? You’ll learn that immediately after the regular season posters are still a little giddy and sign up for that playoff thing then do not take the slightest bit of interest… Well done tho, you showed us all.

A little bit like the Pickem comp. Yeah, I see where you’re coming from. As you were.

Listen, pal…September won’t be long coming around… Hopefully when the TFKNFLFF dust settles we will still be in the same league.

You’ve a mysterious way of getting the divisional draws you desire; I’m sure we will meet.

1 Like

:eek:

Surely resigning Trevathan and Jackson would be a higher priority than Anderson

Why would they want them to resign?

Surely there’d be more onus on them re-signing?

Favourites for next year:

Seahawks
Broncos
Panthers
Greenbay

Seahawks: terrible start against Carolina cost them hugely. Lynch retiring won’t be as big a loss as he once would have been. Wilson’s play will go to another level again next year. I’m not sure who their free agents are but they seem to have fostered a good team ethos in the north west.

Broncos: keeping that D together will be the biggest task on John Elway’s agenda. I could play QB for them at the moment.

Panthers: the occasion got to them, the tackles weren’t up to it. Oher found out again. The return of Benjamin on offense will help greatly. They’re still contenders.

Tom Brady going for his FIFTH Super Bowl win !

Dallas/Baltimore Superbowl next year. Chalk it up

Chalked. Seattle v Pittsburgh for me.