The Official Australian Cricket Team Supporters thread

signing in

Signing in mate. Who have we got next.

Wonder how that Pom Trott is after we sent him home suffering from stress

the windies

hoepfully we break another Pom during the summer

Are the poms not playing the Windies at the moment ?

i believe so, we are playing them in June

They are but we play them in June (we as Australia are the test team I support)

Signing in

I want to wish you all horrible painful deaths but the new mouse won’t go there and instead I hope watching your team brings you hours of joy.

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1131719, member: 48”]Signing in mate. Who have we got next.

Wonder how that Pom Trott is after we sent him home suffering from stress[/QUOTE]

He is recalled for England in Windies but not doing well. Shits himself facing the short ball. Should be dropped.

Goes without saying- I’d sign in with blood if I could.

Best thread of 2015

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1131719, member: 48”]Signing in mate. Who have we got next.

Wonder how that Pom Trott is after we sent him home suffering from stress[/QUOTE]

Trott out for a duck already today in the 2nd over.

christ almighty, Mithcell Johnson destroyed the hapless fuckwit and now we have this quivering mess, he should be put down

The current Aussie team don’t seem a likeable bunch.

The current one?

1 Like

:):clap:

There’s never been a likeable Australian cricket team.

Or Australian person?

1 Like

England can bring down Australia’s “Dad’s Army”, says Jason Gillespie

The Yorkshire coach took over 400 international wickets during his established career but he believes his home nation can be beaten this summer.

Jason Gillespie would love England to rise from the ashes and hit Dad’s Army for six next month.

Gillespie is a proud Australian who took 401 international wickets for them during a distinguished career.

He knows his home country will be huge favourites to beat Alastair Cook’s side when the world’s most famous cricket series gets underway in Cardiff.

But he has reason to believe that these Aussies can be beaten.

Six reasons in fact: Joe Root, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Gary Ballance, Jonny Bairstow, Adam Lyth. As Yorkshire head coach, Gillespie takes great satisfaction in the way these White Rose stars have developed in the national side.

He said: “I’m an Aussie and I like to see my home country do well. But I want our Yorkie lads to do well in the Ashes.

“I’d love nothing more than Lythy to go out there in the First Test and peel off a hundred against Australia.

“That would be my ideal. I’d love to see that. England should look at Australia and go: ‘Hang on a minute they’ve got a 37-year-old keeper [Brad Haddin].

"They’ve got a 37-year-old opening batter [Adam Voges], their captain [Michael Clarke] has got a glass back and they’ve got a fast bowler – Ryan Harris – who’s 35 years of age and who’s got a dodgy knee’.

“They’re Dad’s Army. I’d be thinking ‘let’s keep them out in the field’.

“Let’s get them tired, they’re old blokes. We can put these guys under pressure’.”

England have struggled since their 5-0 thrashing Down Under 18 months ago. Since then Clarke’s Australians have climbed to second in the world Test rankings, three places above England.

If Yorkshire’s sextet play together in a Test, the county would equal the record set in 1887 when six Nottinghamshire players ­represented England against Australia in Sydney.

Gillespie, 40, is well aware of the old adage that a strong ­Yorkshire team means a strong England one.

“It’s a nice thing for people to say,” he pointed out. “I think you’ll have to go and look through the history books to see if it’s true.

“I’ve no doubt that the ­Yorkshire contingent can play a big role in winning the Ashes.

“Potentially they could all play in the same side. Will it happen? I doubt it. Bairstow has performed ­consistently and strongly this year but he’s carried drinks a lot over the last few years for England.

“They’ve given him a little bit of a go, but not really a good go. The kid can play.”

Leg-spinner Rashid might not make the cut either – and Gillespie thinks England would then be missing out on the player who can finally replace Graeme Swann.

“They should be brave enough to pick him [Rashid] and they should back him,” Gillespie insisted. “What’s wrong with picking a leg spinner who turns it big?

“He can bat too. He’s a very good player. He’s got over 350 first-class wickets. The lad can bowl. Why wouldn’t you utilise your resources?”

Gillespie, who lost out to Trevor Bayliss for the England job, believes Yorkshire and Australia have a strong sense of identity in common.

He said: “Aussies, like Yorkshire people, are very proud and passionate. Like Yorkshire, we have an ‘us against them’ ­attitude.

“In my view Yorkshire should be producing a certain number of players for England. Our academy is definitely the envy of other clubs.

“Australia deserve to start ­favourites. If they play to their potential they’re going to be very hard to beat.

“But if England have a positive attitude, they have a chance. And home advantage will be very important.”

A nothing interview from Dizzy which I would imagine was proof read by Michael Clarke before submission.

1 Like

With Australia sporting stars across a wide variety of sports disgracing themselves of late - from Nick Kyrgios at Wimbledon to Dawn Fraser, Australia’s most decorated swimmer spewing racist bile, Mitchell Johnson’s musings are most disappointing (but not surprising).

Mitchell Johnson has laughed off Jimmy Anderson’s call for the forthcoming Ashes series to be played “in the right spirit” as hypocritical.

The Australia fast bowler – no stranger to sledging – was responding to Anderson’s hope that the Ashes would be “played in the same nature” as the good-spirited recent series with New Zealand.

Johnson, though, raised an eyebrow yesterday at the England bowler’s sincerity. “That is interesting coming from him because he is probably one of the biggest [sledgers] in the England team,” said Johnson, before predicting a resumption of hostilities in the first Test in Cardiff. “I don’t think anything is going to change,” he added. “I think he is just trying to get it out there to make himself look better.”

Johnson was England’s nemesis in the 2013-14 Ashes, taking 37 wickets and being named man of the series. He made the pointed remark yesterday that Ben Stokes – with whom he barged shoulders at the Adelaide Oval – was England’s only player who stood up to the Australians as the tourists lost 5-0.

“Stokes is just playing the game and is fiery and we like that,” Johnson said. “We like someone who has got a bit of guts and determination. We spoke about him throughout that series that he was probably the only guy that really fought and it showed. He has been able to do that. He stirred up a few of the West Indians recently. We weren’t sure why he wasn’t picked in the World Cup squad.”

Johnson insisted there was no bad blood with Stokes and he was looking forward to facing him again. “It is always nice to be able to play against competitors,” he said. “Virat Kohli is the same. That is what I love about cricket, having a bit of fire in the game. That is what people want to see in Test cricket.”