The Pat Hickey Deprecation Thread

Happy to sit on the council and be complicit in the corruption.

Its just timing and luck. If a psychopath grows up in Knocka he will probably end up in jail. If he grows up in Douglas to reasonable parents with money he will likely be quite “successful” and make it somewhere in business etc. But he/she will probably cut people down at all junctures.

The environment is critical for psychos. Pay displays all the traits. Might seem small but that interaction with Eamon Coughlan and his wife is a great example. Pat hates exceptional athletes i would guess, as he failed there himself (or that is the perception at least, he didn’t really fail). Hitler hated jews. But a bizarre set of circumstances led him to power in Germany. Psychopaths will do whatever it takes to get to their final ending. That can vary wildly.

But starting off these people are essentially the same. Some surpress it to some degree, others can’t. Some have clever parents who see it early and act accordingly, others come from broken homes.

So the end result is definitely different, but who they were born is quite similar.

Sure didn’t she duck the issue on rte where she would’ve been called for this bullshit.

1 Like

Releasing bits of evidence piece meal through media and trial by media should be criticised.

Hickey is innocent until proven guilty. He may be dislikeable but I would not want to live somewhere where police can slur character, release evidence without a chance of rebuttal and where there seems no due process. The release of the video of him naked was designed to embarrass and shame him, to make him a figure of ridicule. A police force should not engage in that.

Lads praising this should consider miscarriages of justice closes to their hearts such as Birmingham Six, Guildford 4. Making a Murderer outraged posters on here who are now praising police action in relation to this. Same thing is happening here - use media to build a case and deprive a right to a fair trial.

Being dislikeable is not a reason to lock somebody up, disregard their rights. If it was then a few here would be deprived of their liberty.

Ultimately being a cunt is not a criminal offence.

11 Likes

Thats true, although is sitting on it complicit to wrong doing, considering Hickey was doing so much privately, and then just crossing the “t” and dotting the odd “i” with the council.

Its classic Frank Murohy carry on.

One of Franks followers is our delegate. Last year said delegate rang and said Team A are looking for a change for the championship match on saturday. I said no way, we have a lad coming in on a flight friday and i want him settled in till sunday (original time). He lost the plot, calling me uncooporative blah blah blah. I said tough shit. Immediately i rang a friend at opposition club. They were already told the match was changed, ironically to suit a player flying in. The ref had even been told. Yet us the management were not.

Small incidental story, but this is the standard carry on. Pull first ask questions later. Same with the demolition of PUC.
EU: Don’t tear down that stadium lads. We’re not gappy with everything.
Frank: Tear down the stadium. We’ll deal with that down the road.

IOC is exactly the same. FAI is the same. And most instotutions in Ireland are much the same. We live in de-facto dictatorship.

that’s a quality post right there

1 Like

No but refusing to cooperate with investigations and 2 governments probably is enough to expose tourself.

Peoples enjoyment, and your points are correct really, is human nature in Ireland in reaction to the type of carry on we have had to deal with for years from these people. Its a collection of his ills he is paying for.

If everyone played by the rules this would not happen.

TFK is littered with mouthy uninformed online human rights activists who are controlled totally by their emotions. They are like hormonal women.

This is an utter genius of a post that justifies someones notion that it was mostly geography that prevented Pat Hickey of the Irish Olympic Council from exterminating a complete race of people.

8 Likes

Its not really, its just a re-hash of what professionals have described to me over the years.

Police in Rio have alleged the Lucan-based company was used as “a bridge” to funnel tickets from the OCI to British firm THG Sports for the purpose of touting.

It is alleged this was done to circumvent the decision by the Brazilian National Olympic Organising Committee to reject an application from THG to become an ATR.

1 Like

stop comparing someone who may have made a few bob on tickets to Hitler

its disgusting

3 Likes

if it was all done in Europe its legit

some meaningless bogball game in the back of beyond has nothing to do with this

3 Likes

That is some quality amateur psycholgy right there. Fair play. It gave me a good laugh anyway. But seriously are you for real?

2 Likes

@caoimhaoin you also still haven’t pointed out where Ireland is arguably the most corrupt country in the western world. And who is arguing this. Transparency international reckon we are one of the least corrupt countries in Europe never mind the world. Or are they corrupt as well ? http://www.diploweb.com/Corruption-remains-a-challenge-for.html

Get fucked.

I can compare whoever i want to whomever i want.

Whats disgusting is your constant defending of white collar crime and your acceltance of corruption. People like you make me sick.

Sure who is giving them the info?

Grow up ffs.

1 Like

Not in the eyes of the Brazilians.

And thats who has the trump cards here.

I know you are interested In this stuff - that is real confirmation bias at play there from you.

In terms of Hickey and his psychological profile you are falling into narrative fallacy trap

We don’t know all the facts and any judgment is premature.

The police behaviour is a disgrace and anybody who believes in due process should be appalled at police being allowed to run a trial and release evidence through the media.

Anybody accused of a crime is entitled to a fair trial, to rebut evidence presented and ultimately to be found not guilty if a reasonable doubt. That is the cornerstone of any civilised society.

1 Like