Things that annoy you about Ireland

all are perfectly fine
dickhead.

Get back on topic folks, the journalists need more ideas for a weekend article

4 Likes

im only getting warmed up

The only “analysis” I watch or read is Dunphy, Giles and Chippy. Only retards need lads on the telly to tell them what’s going on in a game

Not much really. It’s a beautiful country with a temperate climate. It’s a safe place to live - very little in the way of crime or dangerous wildlife. We have a functioning democracy, reasonable infrastructure, abundant food and modest unemployment. We have a free press, a strong judiciary and a working constitution. Imprisonment without trial is a rarity, torture is unheard of and no secret police force (that I am aware of). Corruption is minimal. Pollution is virtually non existent by international norms. We have a generous and tolerant population. We have a rich and varied indigenous cultural heritage. We managed to free ourselves from foreign oppression and then had the wit to avoid getting involved in the carnage of World War 2.

I would say that Ireland comfortably sits within the best 10 countries in the world to live and we have little enough to be annoyed about.

21 Likes

What about letting US war planes and troops refuel at Shannon airport so they can murder innocent people in the middle-east and other locations?

What about roasters?

Some classic whataboutery here.

7 Likes

100%
aside from my 2 previous gripes , its a cracking place to live and work
the Work life balance here is the best i have encountered ( ok i have never lived in Scandinavia)
its a very peaceful relaxed place with decent people by and large who dont take life too seriously

2 Likes

Great post, as a former British PM said “you’ve never had it so good”

1 Like

Roasters are the best thing about Ireland

Crime.
As mentioned above the trackie clad, hoodie wearing little cunts that make it impossible to walk home from a pub in most large towns nowadays.
Really, really gets on my wick.

So you’d rather throw money away to Syria rather than helping out your neighbours? You’re the type of lad who’ll probably donate to multiple online ‘causes’ but look down your nose at homeless locals begging around the corner from your house.

Threads that could be frivolous, entertaining and humour filled about life’s little annoyances getting bogged down in more student union esque navel gazing.

This is not a debating society for lads who were too shy to do it in school FFS sake

1 Like

Oh sorry. Eh signposts.

2 Likes

The public health service, the hypocrisy of moaners; such and such is a criminal scumbag, corrupt politician etc unless we know them or are related to them, then its excusable. The failure of politicians to hold themselves accountable for lying or corruption and resign. The failure of electorates to hold them accountable in the following election.The general grab all greed and compensation culture. The absolutely horrendous customer service and general laziness in all sectors of work. The way the wit and humour which was one of our best assets has morphed into delusions of hilarity and the desperate need for verification of this by social media.

But its not a bad country, we just compare ourselves to the best aspects of Britain, public services, transportation, general honesty in public life and forget we trump Britain in community spirit, relaxed pace of life etc The weather is fine, there’s still good food and veg, the ability to produce your own even, and there’s a plethora of top quality golf courses, links and parkland, accessible and affordable.

Utter bullshit. Why would I look down my nose at homeless locals? What kind of cunt would do that? What’s your issue with Syria? It is a fact that the same amount of money will have a much bigger impact on peoples’ lives in Syria than in Ireland. I don’t think Irish lives are somehow worth more and I don’t believe local charities are somehow more important, so it’s obvious to me where the money should go -to where it will have the biggest impact and have the most benefit.

In addition, we have more than enough money in this country to practically eradicate poverty if we ever chose to. In case you haven’t noticed my outlook is that a lot of measures should be taken to make Ireland a fairer society, you know, pinko lefty shite. The weakest in our society should not be reliant on local charity, they should be protected by the state. The Irish state is happy to wash their hands of the responsibility if charities will pick up the slack though. Another reason why resources should be sent to wherever they’re needed most rather than whatever is nearest to me.

It annoys me that types like Mick Wallace Richard Boyd Barrett Joan Collins Ming Flanagan etc etc can fool a shit load of the population, and that the best that the defence of these dumbwits can come up with is whataboutery.

1 Like

It’s the ‘Trevor Hogan syndrome’ that is rampant in Ireland at the moment and there are even a few diagnosed cases on this very forum.

2 Likes

The weather. To quote Horslips: “There’s too much rain for drive-in movies”.

Reviewing the process: We fucked the thing up because we were so busy jumping through the 1000 procedural hoops we needed to navigate to do the thing properly last time, but it’s OK because we have reviewed the process at great haste and now we have a much more comprehensive and detailed procedure in place for the next time we do the thing.

That type of Joe Duffy whingerism that can be summed up, no matter what the subject, by the oft repeated line: “Ya wujn’t geddit in any udder country in the werdled, Joe”. Ah yes - if I ever need to visit A&E, please God let it be in Sierra Leone or Honduras or anywhere but Ireland.