With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

You’re in agreement with the great Michael Noonan anyway pal, he was saying on local radio that his advise would be to go with fixed rather then variable for the foreseeable.

Trouble is, some of the retail banks aren’t even letting new borrowers fix their rates at the moment fullstop.

Gmate I know this is a how long is a piece of string question but I will ask it anyway. 3 storey house that will need rewiring, insulation, completely stripped, double glazing, carpets up, hardwood floors down. Top floor is 2 bedrooms and the idea is to make 1 big room with ideally an en suite out of them. Could you give a ballpark with a 10k variance?

building house is all money. There is great deals in buying one

I do not like that answer.

Whats your budget for this extension Runt?

I have 35k in my head. (Circa 50m2 unfurnished)

Warmer…

Is that including windows and doors?
I was told around 40, just for the extension part, without kitchen, windows & doors or 2nd fix carpentry.

I was including windows and doors but no second fixing.

i have done zero research

en suite :rollseyes:

:imp:

PM on the way

I expect he’ll settle for a bedpan and save a few grand.

I see the Government are going to give out free money to first time buyers. Could be nice timing for me :sunglasses:

Of course this will just drive prices up even further and distort the market even more.

Ah lovely.

1 Like

Things just got boomier

Three foreign holidays a year here we come.

Are you not taking three already? How much is an apartment in Bulgaria these days?

Just need to offload a few apartments in Leitrim and I’ll be back up to 5 foreign holidays.

Does anyone have Eddie Hobbs new mobile? He’s not answering the one he gave me when we were finalising the place in Cape Verde.