12 pubs of Christmas

Went through Limerick a half an hour ago, looked like absolute carnage. Packs of roving 18 year olds in their Christmas Jumpers and a load of drunken office workers combining into a perfect storm.
I must be getting old because I couldnā€™t think of anything worse than going in there for a pint now.
Iā€™d say itā€™ll be like the fall of Saigon around 2 o clock

1 Like

Iā€™m going for a tour of the town tomorrow night. Last year we started in JJ Bowles so we are debating starting in the gate/portleys or Charlie malones/southā€™s to start

Iā€™ve had my eye on this Sunday night as a great night for sinking a few pints for a few weeks now. Youā€™ll have a clatter of cunts out tonight and tomorrow night with Sunday made up of a more chilled vibe and the added bonus of having a day to recover before itā€™s Xmas Eve where a clear head will be needed.

3 Likes

Worst day of year to go out. I had a couple of Heineken 0.0 to be social. It looks messy already in the capital.

am now picking up a cod and chips before I go home and watch a movie with a glass of wine. The missus is out for dinner.

Iā€™ll go for a few tomorrow night when I hope it will be quieter.

Cod and chips and a glass of wine. A man after my own heart.

1 Like

Doing this in Dublin tomorrow. Not wearing an outfit guys.

I was there, man

SparseRemoteEyas-max-1mb

Was it bad?

Itā€™s still bad. Ended up in Paddy Kellyā€™s and no real recollection of how I got back to hers :thinking: :woozy_face:

Sounds grrat, where will you go?

Where were you pal?

Weā€™ve a babysitter sorted so weā€™ll head out for a nice bite to eat and then have a nice few Guinness in Frenchā€™s after it where thereā€™ll likely be an impromptu session of some sort.

1 Like

Whereā€™s paddy Kellyā€™s?

Charlie Maloneā€™s ?

1 Like

Iā€™m going out with herself for the cure. I got in loaded last night. She came home about 1pm.
Ine of my great pals has a pub, and was just back from abroad, so I called by to say hello to him. He was in flying form, and ran over to tell me that Iā€™d never guess what. Guessing what involved another good pal of mines twenty year old daughter. Anyhow, herself came in even more loaded and we somehow had a row which I canā€™t really remember, but it went along the lines of how awful it was. I said that she was a fine looking dolly, they are both consenting adults, and I doubt he was in the first twenty. She said it was disgusting, and that her dad is a friend of yours, I said itā€™s nothing to do with us, and, unwisely, I wouldnā€™t blame my mate as sheā€™s well hot, and he didnā€™t know til after. She said I was worse. I told her she was drunk and go to sleep, and then started snoring.
I got woken by the lad at 0600 am for swimming and asked why mum was in the spare room. I said I wasnā€™t sure, but this is, she tells me, roughly what happened.
Iā€™m rough enough still and sheā€™s back now and needs a drink also.
We irish have a terrible problem with drink.

18 Likes

Thatā€™ll be a great post when you edit it.

We do.

I was at a GAA dinner dance last night and the local mart were having their night out in the same establishment. Needless to say the dynamic was interesting and some off the wall conversations were hadā€¦ Including asking the local drover if he actually drank a pint of blood every Monday morning for the cure when he used to work in the local abattoirā€¦ I had an argument with another fella about my method of castrating from the side of the crush, impossible he saidā€¦ Think Iā€™m doing a demo for him in January. The band were from Toomevara and got dogs abuse too. Recently reelected chairman Pat Kearney presented the medals and was in mighty form.

6 Likes

1 down, yaldy.

Itā€™s the 1st.draft.You donā€™t think McGahern just jotted off those novels when he was half-pissed after an evening in the Abbey Bar and a barney with Madeline. No chance:

I). He was too mane to buy any drink in excess of 1 (One).
II). He stayed in bed until the mood took him, no up at 6 for him.

But youā€™re right. Thereā€™s the bones of a nice post lurking in there. Thereā€™s his mateā€™s 20 year old daughter, a lairy publican, too much drink and then you have Boycey and Marlene played by Flattyā€™s and the wife. Patrick McCabe would work the Oracle there.
The Butcher Boy was built on less.

6 Likes

thatā€™s a glorious post

1 Like