12 pubs of Christmas

Anyone ever partake in this load of shite?

Basically a few lads, who probably go off the beer in January, decide to do this (in reality just an all day session) and try to look like legends by calling it the 12 pubs of Christmas.

Probably in a taxi home after their 6th pub/pint.

Why all the anger Farmer?? Not been invited this year??

Never did it, A lot seem to do it for their work christmas party.

It seems like an absolute load of testicles to me for any number of reasons:

• You waste valuable drinking time walking between pubs.
  • The pub banter stalls as youā€™re on the move too much.
  • A good chunk of the try-hards end up leaving half a pint in each pub as they canā€™t live with the pace.
  • Why the fook would you want to go to 12 separate pubs for a single drink in one night anyway?
  • You often get retards who try to synchronise their pub visits with a butch camogie team and try to score them.
  • They generally act in a ridiculously loud and forced manner to emphasise what legends they are by having a drink in 12 pubs.

Basically, youā€™re a cunt if you engage in this behaviour.

Thatā€™s my biggest problem with it.

Nail on the head son.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]It seems like an absolute load of testicles to me for any number of reasons:

• You waste valuable drinking time walking between pubs.
  • The pub banter stalls as youā€™re on the move too much.- A good chunk of the try-hards end up leaving half a pint in each pub as they canā€™t live with the pace.
  • Why the fook would you want to go to 12 separate pubs for a single drink in one night anyway?
  • You often get retards who try to synchronise their pub visits with a butch camogie team and try to score them.
  • They generally act in a ridiculously loud and forced manner to emphasise what legends they are by having a drink in 12 pubs.

Basically, youā€™re a cunt if you engage in this behaviour.[/quote]

Thats what fucks it alrightā€¦or you go into a pub and the craic is good but you can only stay for one when you would normally stay for the night

I am 12 pubs.

Donā€™t you mean plebs flanoā€¦

Very well said Farmerinthecity. Itā€™s absolute gash of an idea.

No, you misread. Not surprising really.

Farmer, you give out about this every year I seem to recall.

Its like something college students get up to

You tend to get a lot of rugby, tag rugby and cricket types doing the 12 pubs from Searsonā€™s all along Baggot Street into town too. One of the benefits of not drinking in The 51 anymore is avoiding them.

never did 12 pubs did join old work colleagues for 2 or 3 last christmas during my college examsā€¦
one thing i really regret not attempting was the 12 pint challenge

Vastly overrated and fuck all craic in itā€¦Better job is to go out and see how many glasses of heineken you can drink in two hoursā€¦Best 40 euro you will ever spendā€¦

really in sayin that dont think i would stomach the guinness of murphysā€¦ na the best challenge has to be the vodka challengeā€¦ must do one of the again soonā€¦ just involves buyin a bottle of vodka and finishing same bottle before leaving the houseā€¦

Holy fuck you boys have some amount of sand in your collective vaginas.

Why so much anger? If you drink 12 plus pints week in, week out, whats the problem with shaking the whole thing up once every 12 months by doing it in the same amount of pubs?

I havent done it, but its scheduled in for Saturday week. Were starting early afternoon, so if nothing else it will be a good day time activity. For anyone who makes it we will end up settled in the one spot so as to enjoy the evening interruption free.

Also, punctuating the saucing every pint gives one the opportunity to avoid cunts with tiresome conversation.

On the plus side I welcome the addition of the word gash to the lexicon here.

Any piss ups that are planned or have an itinery are shiiteā€¦best days on the beer are when everything is played by ear and it is just a matter if going where the evening/night takes youā€¦

Shpot on Puke

Itā€™s a weird one - I use the word ā€˜gashā€™ all the time offline but rarely on here. I might start using it more so.

well there we disagree - I donā€™t think any piss-ups ar shite