1916 reasons why soccer and rugby should not be played in Croke Park

1. Keith Poppy Wood

harsh

Just been watching that RT programme about the opening of Croke Park (http://www.rte.ie/tv/crokepark/video.html) and Woody the Poppy Wearer was saying not opening Croker would be “a disgrace.” Thankfully it’s not the likes of Wood who gets to make decisions for the GAA.

Maybe I missed it, but amazed if noone mentioned God Save the Queen, though as Ross O’Carroll Kelly says (surprised he’s not in there too), if we have guys on our team from the Six Counties it’s only fair that we should play their anthem too.

Where are those buses (#3) leaving from tomorrow?

Law, are still abroad? All the pubs around Landsdowne/Baggot Street have buses going. Paddy Cullen’s, Mary Mac’s, up to Searson’s, Waterloo, 51, etc etc.

51’s offer is a return bus ticket plus free pint for 5eur to tempt their custom back southside after the game.

So I plan on going down to the pub early enough, buying a bus ticket and then handing it straight back to the bar man and saying, ‘Gimme the fooking free pint now.’

1. Matt Williams in the Times saying the maul that led to O’Gara’s last penalty was one of the greatest moments in Irish sporting history. Eh, no it wasn’t.

I liked Tom Humphries 2 cutting pieces about ‘the rugby crowd being ferried back to their watering holes on the southside to have the postmortem about how the game was lost.’

1. Marcus Horan

2. Paul O’Connell

1. People attending the rugby and soccer games who have no appreciation of the links between the GAA, Croke Park and the fight for Irish self-determination. Some of the fooks will probably be humming along to GSTQ.
  1. People who think the GAA owe the taxpayers for Croke Park
  1. Davy Tweed

2. Trevor ‘I only said I’d attend a GAA match once they removed their ban on RUC members from playing’ Ringland.

There was a reason they were banned, you fook, as you’d know if you read Nuala O’Loan’s report.

Is the irony lost on this guy? ;D

[img width=199 height=280]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/2007/02/25/srfron250207.jpg

1. Ken Magennis attending games at the sacred ground.
  1. Robbie Keane

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 25204, member: 9”]I’ll fill this on my own if I have to:

1. John Delaney >:D
2. Stephen ‘Stan’ Staunton :’([/QUOTE]

:eek:

Posters really need to start lowering their ambitions when creating these threads.

Mac does it again

:smiley:

thats a clamping, a mugging off in fact

That was clearly a reference to my complete faith that John Delaney would deliver an association football stadium for the Irish people. And John’s determination and savvy coupled with that stadium would be a reason why soccer should/would never be played at the Croke Park building site. It was a compliment to Mr Delaney.

Ah yeah, I expected that response from you. I’d have preferred if you just admitted it and used the flexible opinions line.

GAEJ was going strong back then, here’s a rally I was at back then