2010 Summer Transfer Window

SSN were saying that late deals can be accepted if you inform the FA/Premier League of your intention to sign someone and let them know that talks are ongoing. Seems to defeat the purpose of having the transfer window a bit though. They were referencing Arshavin’s deal from a year or two back as an example of it.

Man City and pompey did some deal after deadline for Benjani one gtime aswell, that fucking cockney crook was involved in that deal also I believe.

I think Spurs are blaming on their IT dept. Shur we all know what sort of dossers work in IT…

they all spend their time posting boring inane shite on internet forums. FACT.

Somehow this deal seems to have passed us all by

I Harte (Carlisle to Reading) Und

The left footed maestro is back in the big time :clap:

A little all over the place but bumped for KIB.

Cole has somehow got a reputation as an outstanding creative and attacking player in the game. Bar that season or so under Mourinho when he displaced Duff in the Chelsea side Cole has always flattered to deceive. Generally the first player taken off no matter who the manager is. No pace, little goal threat and a player of little substance. Bit like McGeady he has nice touches and looks the part when under no pressure. Unfortunately he has also the same traits as the Irish international as he delivers fuck all and has a tendency to hide under pressure. Joe Cole’s reputation as a footballer has been based upon the fact that he was the most hyped young player of his generation due to the fascination of the London media with his club at the time good old West Ham.[/quote][quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 456546”]

Do you actually know anything about football?

Seriously now?

Fair enough if you don’t but don’t go and try to give a ‘I am smarter than all of you and see past Cole’s hype to a very ordinary player’ because it is this hype, and your arrogant persona to go against it no matter what, which is driving your ridiculous view of a very good player.

Cole has scored numerous important goals. I could pick his one this season in Old Trafford against Man Utd, the game that won Chelsea the league, as one example.

In fact it was a superb piece of skill for the goal as well - hardly the mark of a player with ‘little substance’ or who ‘hides under pressure’.

He was out injured for most of last season as well.

I think his best work has been with England. He was their best player in the last World Cup (big stage again), maybe have even been awarded their player of the tournament, and scored a peach of a goal against Sweden. I can also recall many matches throughout his career where he was the sole scorer for England in a one-nil victory.[/quote][quote=“KIB man, post: 456551”]

Yes Cole scored in Old Trafford. One of two goals he scored all season in 30 odd appearances. You could argue that it is three points for every win not just against Man United. A league is 38 games long not one. Sure it was an important goal but his contribution to Chelsea in a title winning season was poor. Joe Cole - All hype no substance.

If you want to put up the competitive games for England where he was the sole scorer for England in a 1-0 victory be my guest :lol:[/quote][quote=“Pikeman, post: 456635”]Liverpool have signed Joe Cole on a four year deal. Good signing that.[/quote][quote=“The Runt, post: 456636”]

:clap:

Ah that’s a great signing. I thought there was no way they would get him.[/quote][quote=“The Puke, post: 456637”]

I think Jamie Redknapp descibed him best when he called him “a top, top player”[/quote][quote=“KIB man, post: 456639”]

Another wide player with fuck all pace and no end product. He will fit in well alright :rolleyes:[/quote][quote=“cluaindiuic, post: 456640”]I don’t understand why United didn’t try and sign him.[/quote][quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 456646”]

Not really when you are getting him on a free.

Delighted with the signing. I have a terrible feeling though that he is going to be another Harry Kewell!![/quote]

Excellent . Some Sky Sports News devotees badly exposed