2010 Summer Transfer Window

You were made rather silly then werent you. Granted there was a lot of shite you were coming out with but that sticks in the memory from someone who quotes the rulebook ad nauseam.

Ah Robbie is a decent striker to give him his dues, was just making fun of his boyhood club thing which he rolled out on two occasions now.

Playing all the time and being lazy on the field are two different things. Anyway he’s been very good for Ireland alot of the time but also been very shite in games. Now this could be as much to do with the team as anything else.

He is much like an Andy Cole in the EPL from my viewing, he will score, but needs 6 or 7 chances to do so.

What he says is important though for him as a player, the fans of these clubs see through this shite and they are then faster to turn when things may not be going right.

He is Irelands best striker for goals scored, but how many top top opposition has he scored against. germany comes to mind in 2002. I need reminding of others. Did he score against Brazil, Portugal, Spain, France, England, Argentina etc. I genuinely don’t know and can’t remember.

3 - Spurs, The Pool & Celtic.

Did he score against France? :rolleyes: Can you please stop posting on football threads. Has scored against Spain, Italy, Holland too and I despise the cunt. We havent played England, Argentina or Brazil in a competitive game during his career either so stop posting shite.

He’s also nothing like Andy Cole - it’s hard to think of two more different strikers.

I don’t mind people having opinions, but it’s hard to find time to explain things to people who genuinely appear to know less than nothing about football. Knowing nothing would be conceding that you know nothing about Robbie Keane. Kev admits he may not know everything and then goes on to prove that the tiny bits of information he does have are throroughly incorrect.

Robbie Keane is a goal poacher who has performed verywell for Ireland he is far from being shite and a long way from world class, his main flaws I would say is his workrate and he usually needs 2-3 chances in a game to get a goal, his positives are his confidence and his ability to be in the right place at the right time(which goes a long way to making a good striker).

Robbie Keane = Legend

How is this pikey cunt not Irish?

Liverpool set to sign Charlton youngster
Wednesday, 28 April 2010 07:19
Charlton midfielder Jonjo Shelvey is today expected to complete a move to Liverpool after the two clubs agreed terms on a transfer yesterday.

The 18-year-old travelled to Merseyside yesterday to undergo a medical and discuss personal terms after the sides reached agreement on a fee of £1.7million, which could rise depending on domestic and international appearances.

A statement on www.cafc.co.uk said: ‘As part of the potential transfer, the two clubs are also in talks to develop a strategic partnership involving the development of players in both directions.’

Liverpool are expecting to hear the results of Shelvey’s medical today.

Shelvey holds the record as Charlton’s youngest ever player, having made his debut in April 2008 at the age of 16 years and 59 days.

The England youth international has scored eight goals in 48 games for the Addicks.

Charlton chairman Richard Murray yesterday revealed there had been interest in the player but claimed they were ‘some way off doing a deal’.

Big-money moves are likely to be at a premium at Anfield this summer with uncertainty surrounding the future of both the club’s owners and manager Rafa Benitez, who has been linked with a move to Juventus

In your opinion of course. I was asking a question. He scored against France and Germany, and who else? He was poor at Liverpool when given a chance, but still took 7 games was it to score? Maybe 11, can’t remember. He thrives in a relatively shit Scottish league, his record against the top top teams and defenders in questionable, thats all. To say otherwise may show ye are blinkered more than loyal.

I compared them in how many chances they need to score. He reminded me of Andy Cole in that sense. I said nothing more.

Robbie Keane has been a very decent professional player, but i just think ye over rate him and he’s a bit of a tool. The fact that he’s irish and plays for Celtic doesn’t change that for me.

Ah jaysus. Look it was decided a long time ago that Robbie Keane is a waster, and I’m putting it mildly here.

So you’ve gone from “he hasn’t scored against top teams” to “well he scored against France and Germany” but who else? Well the Netherlands would be one I suppose.

I can’t follow your fourth sentence. Even though he was poor at Liverpool he still took a few games to score!

Anyway he was mismanaged completely at Liverpool. Benitez never really wanted him and played him out of position by leaving him on his own up front. I don’t think his excellent record in Scotland goes any distance towards proving he’s not a great player but feel free to make your silly point anyway.

And now he’s a “very decent professional player” is he? But sure only yesterday “his inability to stay at a club shows a major flaw in his character as a professional sports man in my opinion. Anyone who keeps moving job is either shite at it or lazy or is in the wrong game.”

He really excelled at Inter.

Robbie Keane is a legend. For Irish people to turn against him given the fact that he has doubled the previous top goalscoring record ALREADY, is mindboogling to be fair.

To say that he failed at Liverpool is completely not having a clue of the facts. He rarely played in his favourite position which would be off Torres, the one game I recall that happening was against Everton where he was brilliant. He ended up playing as a lone front man and did pretty well it has to be said. Benitez was just a cunt, like he has been with many other players.

Harry Redknapp actually bought him to Spurs lest not forget. Rocko is dead right - Keane wants to play and will go anywhere to do that. An admirable trait in a modern day footballer.

Who was top Irish goalscorer before Robbie?

Big Niall.

:lol:

Ya he’s a decent professional footballer who plays at a high standard than most professional footballers, but there are many decent pro’s in League 1 as well. His moving around lends me to think he’s trouble. I stand by what i said.

Being a pro entails getting on as best as is possible with everyone you work with, if he did he wouldn’t have moved so many times.

Whatever dream world you want to live in live away, but Scotland is a massive drop down from EPL. Closer to League 1 than EPL in fact, in my opinion of course.

And before that, Cascarino?

He didn’t have much to beat. *

*albeit Niall is a legend. End of.

Robbie’s biggest issue is that he is an idealist if you ask me. He wants to play, and play for dream clubs. Arguably the worst thing he did was move to Liverpool, both for him in terms of his career and in terms of bringing his loyality into question. I do feel though that was his true dream club.

He obviously has a fondness for Celtic and that is why he went up there for half a season. If he stays up there you would be right to ask questions but I certainly don’t think that his constant nomadness is a sign that he is trouble.