2010 Summer Transfer Window

Don Givens.

Robbie Keane is noted for his excellent attitude to the game and for being a great trainer. Kevin’s post is the first time I’ve ever seen anyone claim him to be trouble in the dressing room.

Cas scored 19, making him joint top with ol Don. 19 goals I ask ya.

I would have bought the showboating thing a few years back but when Robbie moved to Liverpool, for whatever reason, I really thought he was a legend.

A technically excellent player with a great attitude who loves football, wants to play all the time and is very much an alright sort.

He has also delivered in spades for his country.

To Robbie :pint:

Stapleton scored 19 as well I think.

Acc to wiki Frank (I scored goals with my head) scored 20. I should have remembered the epic Apres Match sketch where Frank called Niall a big spoon for passing out his goals scored record and said that his extra height was like having an extra leg. :smiley:

Robbie Keane - 41

Niall Quinn - 21

Frank Stapleton - 20

John Aldridge, Tony Cascarino, Don Givens - 19

Noel Cantwell - 14

Gerry Daly - 13

Which part of what you said do you stand by though? Do you stand by your comments that he’s “a decent professional” or do you stand by your comment that he has “a major flaw in his character as a professional sports man.”

Do you also stand by your comments that he’s also “shite or lazy”?

Being a pro does not entail getting on as best as is possible with everyone you work with. Why do you think that’s what being a pro entails? It might not be any harm but there’s plenty of very very successful professional sports people who didn’t get on very well with most people they worked with - Schmeichel, Stoichkov, Keane, Stringer even. Your pseudo-knowledge on sports psychology doesn’t really work here.

There’s really no evidence to suggest that Keane moved because he didn’t get on with people. It’s not really suggested anywhere else but as someone so familiar with the professional game it’s good to get your insight into it.

Also I’m not sure why you keep bringing up the standard of football in Scotland - it’s a bit irrelevant. Nobody has claimed that he’s brilliant solely because he scored in Scotland. But you can’t argue against his success there so why even bring it up? Unless you’ve run out of actual points because your threadbare understanding of football has been exposed.

Daly would have scored an awful lot more in fairness if he wasn’t keeping up the gardening career at the same time.

What those stats tell me is that Keane hasn’t doubled the previous record. Hm.

Barcelona at an advanced stage it appears in signing David Villa. Trying to coax Cesc too but I reckon it won’t happen. Zlatan and Villa upfront would cause wreckage wherever they go.
Henry is on the way out the door-talk of him already putting pen to paper with a team in the US. He had a shit first year, a fantastic second year and a shit third year.
He has some haul of medals though and was a great, great player.

if barca get villa, zlatan the useless cunt is out the door…

Are you related to Zlatan or something?

It seems every post you have on here has something to do with him.

Barcelona have signed Valencia’s David Villa in the first major transfer of the summer. The Spain striker has cost the Catalan club £34.2 million and will move to the Nou Camp after months of speculation over his future.

Villa, Valencia’s top scorer in La Liga with 21 goals, will sign for four years and will be paid €7 million-a-season according to Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo.

He had been coveted last year by both Barca and Real Madrid, but Barcelona picked up the services of Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic from Inter Milan in a £40 million deal which saw Samuel Eto’o move the other way. Real opted to sign Karim Benzema instead.

A statement on Barcelona’s official website read: ''FC Barcelona and Valencia CF closed a 40 million euro deal for Spanish striker David Villa on Wednesday morning.

‘‘The Spanish international is due in Barcelona on Thursday evening and will have a medical on Friday morning. Villa will be officially unveiled as a Barca player at 1330 in the Paris Room of the Camp Nou. He’ll then make an appearance on the Camp Nou pitch. The stadium doors will be opened to the public.’’

Once the medical is completed he will join up with fellow Spain internationals Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Carles Puyol, Gerard Pique, Pedro and Sergio Busquets, all of whom are in the World Cup squad.

Yes, yes, yes, fooking yes :clap: :barcasmile:

:smiley:

Now to get rid of the deadwood up front. Henry seems to be off, once the other fella is dispatched they’ll be right as rain again.

David Villa cost just 2 million more than Dimitar Berbatov.

:o

But €29m less than Zlatan Ibrahimović.

I see Ben Foster has joined Birmingham for around 6 million, always thought he was pretty shite…Man City have made a 20 million pound bid for James Milner as well

There’s a new president, Sandro Rosell, about to take the reins at Barça and they usually try to start off their regime with a major signing. Sandro has put Fernando Torres top of his list and is looking to bid up to 70 million for him.

They can fuck right off.