2010 Summer Transfer Window

That would be some bit of business.

I think he will go to Arsenal. Had heard that Liverpool were very intersted but he doesn’t want to leave London. Outside chance of Spurs getting him but his wage demands are way above what Spurs are paying anyone at the moment.

Cole has somehow got a reputation as an outstanding creative and attacking player in the game. Bar that season or so under Mourinho when he displaced Duff in the Chelsea side Cole has always flattered to deceive. Generally the first player taken off no matter who the manager is. No pace, little goal threat and a player of little substance. Bit like McGeady he has nice touches and looks the part when under no pressure. Unfortunately he has also the same traits as the Irish international as he delivers fuck all and has a tendency to hide under pressure. Joe Cole’s reputation as a footballer has been based upon the fact that he was the most hyped young player of his generation due to the fascination of the London media with his club at the time good old West Ham.

My sauces at Arsenal tell me Joe Cole will be signing for Arsenal after the World Cup.

Excellent business by Wenger in the transfer window thus far - Senderos OUT, Chamakh and Cole IN on frees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly1nUJgBffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4y7e4vhP3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtIGXZ9OXIo

http://vodpod.com/watch/3362152-manchester-united-0-1-chelsea-joe-cole-goal

FFS are you MBB in disguise?

:smiley: :smiley:

Well played sir

Do you actually know anything about football?

Seriously now?

Fair enough if you don’t but don’t go and try to give a ‘I am smarter than all of you and see past Cole’s hype to a very ordinary player’ because it is this hype, and your arrogant persona to go against it no matter what, which is driving your ridiculous view of a very good player.

Cole has scored numerous important goals. I could pick his one this season in Old Trafford against Man Utd, the game that won Chelsea the league, as one example.

In fact it was a superb piece of skill for the goal as well - hardly the mark of a player with ‘little substance’ or who ‘hides under pressure’.

He was out injured for most of last season as well.

I think his best work has been with England. He was their best player in the last World Cup (big stage again), maybe have even been awarded their player of the tournament, and scored a peach of a goal against Sweden. I can also recall many matches throughout his career where he was the sole scorer for England in a one-nil victory.

Ashley Cole was Engerlands best player at the last World Cup, had Ronaldo in his pocket against Portugal

Gallas looks to have turned down Roma and is heading to Juve…

Tottenham have bid 10 million for Carlton Cole :o

Chelsea allegedly interested in Stephen Ireland

The prices paid for these one season wonders(half a season in Coles case) always astounds me.

Wolfsburg are alleedly considering making a 16.5 million pound move for Berbatov to replace Dzeko who looks like leaving over the summer…If I was Sir Alex( :rolleyes: ) I would cash in and cut my losses on that useless fucker

Yes Cole scored in Old Trafford. One of two goals he scored all season in 30 odd appearances. You could argue that it is three points for every win not just against Man United. A league is 38 games long not one. Sure it was an important goal but his contribution to Chelsea in a title winning season was poor. Joe Cole - All hype no substance.

If you want to put up the competitive games for England where he was the sole scorer for England in a 1-0 victory be my guest :lol:

Benayoun looks to be on the verge of signing for Chelsea. Talk of a £5m fee which looks low. Another situation where Benitez has probably forced the player to look elsewhere and it’s too late to stop him moving now - bit like Alonso last summer. That’s not much of a fee though.

Low cost replacement for Cole at Chelsea.

5m is very low, what’s his contract status? He had a very decent season and Liverpool would really struggle to replace him for that amount. I would have thought he would command closer to the 10m mark.

He has 3 years left on his contract.

Chelsea had a £4m bid rejected apparently but Liverpool have allowed Benayoun talk to Chelsea (and he has) and next step is a medical this week. The fact he has agreed terms with Chelsea and is going for a medical suggests the clubs aren’t a million miles away in their valuation.

Seems a pittance alright.

FFS, madness to let him go for that if he has 3 years left. Liverpool are fcuked. If they don’t start making moves for some well regarded players soon Torress and Gerrard could very easily decide to up sticks in the next couple of months.

Have they even been linked with anyone worth while?

Very strange decision to let Benayoun go. He is 30 however which explains the low price tag.

Ancelotti doing a nice bit of business there. Benitez’s legacy remains.

Publically called Benayoun an impact sub only last season - no wonder he wanted out.

Ya, the fact he would command such a low price tag would have been more reason to hold onto him. The uncertainty about the new manager doesn’t help either as there is no one to assure the players they will part of the first team plans next season and some will feel they may as well look elsewhere.

You couldnt blame him for wanting to go to Chelsea though Runt, it would have taken some convincing to keep him at Pool when a Club like Chelsea came in after all.