2011 Summer Transfer Window

Can you imagine what City are going to do in this transfer window now? All bets are off.

Yes I can, spend lots of money on overpriced players I would guess, why are all bets off?

Because they’re now in the Champions League Qualifiers RTT. Simple really.

I don’t see why bets would be off for such a reason but hey ho.

Hey ho indeed.

Should probably start a separate thread based on speculation as regards who City are going to sign but who’d be bother moderating that?

I reckon they’ll go for:
Kaka,
Douglas Costa and Wesley Sneijder (based purely on the fact that United are supposedly in for them),
Gary Cahill,
Jack Wilshere.

City will be letting a lot of players go this summer too. Their net spend might not be all that much. Milner was crazily overpriced last summer but would be a decent centre midfielder for someone. Play Gareth Barry in his right position and you might have a player too. Lescott, Bridge, Boateng, SWP, Viera, Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Robinho, Bellamy, Given should bring in a few quid too.

My sources in Italy lead me to believe that Ricardo Montolivo to Inter is pretty much a done deal.

There is also strong talk in Italy that Palermo’s Javier Pastore has agreed terms with Roma but agreeing a transfer fee with the Rosanero could be a stumbling block.

Reports also circulating around Italy that Juventus have signed Andrea Pirlo on a three year deal. Wonder what that means for Aquilani?

[quote=“Mr. Totti, post: 582893”]There is also strong talk in Italy that Palermo’s Javier Pastore has agreed terms with Roma but agreeing a transfer fee with the Rosanero could be a stumbling block.
[/quote]

I read mention of Palermo looking for a €30m fee. :blink:

Do you know how much the new owners are going to be making available for transfers? As we discussed on the Roma thread, there’s a real sense that this team that has given us so much utter joy is going to break up. Mexes leaving is the first formal sign of it, I suppose. There needs to be lots of transfer activity throughout the squad. I don’t know what’s happening with Menez either - his lack of consistency / interest is infuriating given how talented he is.

Irish international Cillian Sheridan is being linked with a loan move to Seattle Sounders from CSKA Sofia. :blink:

30m is quite a comedown from what Palermo were looking for early on in the season in fairness. Not really heard much yet mate but in various editorials I’ve read it seems to be something in the region of a 50m net spend that’s being reported. I think potentially Menez, Vucinic, Juan and De Rossi may all leave - I think Daniele has only around 12 months left on his contract now which is worrying. Pastore and Buffon are the two most heavilty linked players with us - I’d rather we went for Curci in goal however, being a Roma youth product and Sampdoria destined to go down.

Ideally we need about 5/6 first XI players in next season.

[center]New

New ---- Burdisso — New — Riise

De Rossi — Pizzaro

New — New — New

Totti[/center]

I think De Rossi will end up staying, however I’m pretty certain one of Vucinic or Menez will leave - most likely Menez. Juan is being heavily linked with a return to Flamengo so I think he may go too.

The likes of Cassetti, Doni/Julio Sergio, Perrotta, Simpiicio and Rosi will be provide decent cover - the rest can pack their bags as far as I’m concerned.

The priority in the summer should be a top class centre half and a couple of dynamic and pacey attacking midfielders.

Being reported that Man City have had two offers for Ronaldo turned down, one as high as 180M. Man City deny said rumours.

Tevez to leave City…

Soccer: Carlos Tevez has announced that he will be looking for a move away from Manchester City this summer. The Argentina international’s future has been called into question on a regular basis throughout the 2010/11 campaign.

Tevez handed in a transfer request last December, only to then backtrack and commit himself to the City cause. The striker had hinted after City’s recent FA Cup success that he would be sticking around, providing his family were happy.

And in the wake of Tuesday night’s 3-0 victory over Stoke, Roberto Mancini insisted his captain had told him he would still be a City player next season.

Tevez has, however, completed another U-turn by declaring that he now wants out of City during the upcoming transfer window.

The 27-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to Italian giants Inter Milan of late and the news that he is set to be available is likely to spark a scramble for his signature across Europe.

“I want to leave Manchester City,” Tevez, told Argentine station Radio del Plata. "Football has changed a lot for me and I don’t know if I will even make it to the next World Cup. And that has nothing to do with whether I’m selected or not.

“I’ve been treated very well here and I’m grateful. I also gave my everything for the club to receive the results it has had. But I need a change of scene.”

On where he might end up, Tevez added: “To go back to Boca Juniors would be beautiful but it is very difficult. But if we’re speaking seriously, financial issues would make my return difficult.”

A tremendous talent, but a conflicted individual, be it as a result of his personal life or his ownership situation. Fair play to him, he wanted out at the break but done the decent thing and hung on til now. Wonder where he’ll end up and who on earth they’ll make a bid for next…

Can only see him going to Madrid and think he’s pretty much ideal for them.

Pirlo has formally announced he will be leaving Milan. Strongly linked with Juve but he said he hasn’t committed to anyone else.

Not sure how reliable Balague and the other football journalists are but the consensus seems to be that nobody (not even Real Madrid) other than Manchester City can afford Tevez and his £250k per week wages.

Thought Pirlo to Juve was a done deal, 14 or so mill?

Maybe so but read some quotes yesterday attributed to him saying he was undecided?

Off the Ball last night had it as a done deal, named cost as well.