2011 Summer Transfer Window

Pirlo is available on a bosman so I presume any fee mentioned is the that of the duration of the contract.

Juventus sign Andrea Pirlo on a three-year contract

Juventus have signed veteran Italian international midfielder Andrea Pirlo from AC Milan on a three-year contract, reports from Italy suggest.

According to Il Corriere dello Sport, the player’s agent met representatives of the Turin club to discuss terms, and an agreement has been confirmed.

The transfer of the 31-year-old has been the subject of much speculation, with the player out of contract at the Serie A champions come the summer.

It will be a new experience for the ex-Inter and Brescia playmaker, as he has spent the last ten seasons with the Milanese club, making 24 appearances for Massimiliano Allegri’s side in 2010-11.

Juve are set to miss out on Champions League football for the second year running, and big moves are expected when the transfer window reopens in the summer to get back in contention for the Scudetto.

The signature of Pirlo could cast doubt over a bid to sign on-loan midfielder Alberto Aquilani, who is set to return to Liverpool at the end of the season.

(Source: Goal)

Its looking more and more likely that Aquilani will play for Liverpool next season. Where will he fit in though?

The bench.

I have no problem taking him back. He never got a right go of things when he was there orignally. He had huge pressure when he was bought to fill Alonso’s boots, was injured and was even the same type of player. Then he was just discarded by Benitez.

Aquilani is a very similar type of player to Meireles for me. Which suits the new system which we play.

You could be looking at:
---------Lucas-----------
—Meirelles—Aquilani–
Gerrard---------Kuyt/new player
-------Suarez----------

Some potential for movement and variation in attack in that set up. The more I think about it, the more I don’t think Carroll is suited to the way Liverpool are now set up.

I see where Kenny has said it’s a distinct possibility that Aquilani will be back.

He said that Aquilani is a quality player who has been unlucky with injuries.

Spot on. Let’s give him a chance.

Hopefully we bring Aquilani back home in his no.8 jersey.

Rocko’s flavour of the month Theo Janssen has joined Ajax from FC Twente for €3.2m.

There was a bit of speculation linking Kun Aguero with a move to Real Madrid last week. Further reports on that in Spain today.

All the best Theo. A drunk-driving maverick with a wand of a left foot.

Aguero has publicly confirmed he wants to leave Atlético tonight. As in he confirmed it publicly tonight, not that he wants to leave tonight. Though he may want to.

David de Gea set to complete £17 million United move

Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David de Gea has decided to sign for Manchester United following the agreement of a £17 million deal between the two clubs.

The fee was agreed around two months ago, with agent Jorge Mendes at the centre of negotiations, but the player needed time to make up his mind regarding his future. The young keeper has risen to prominence in a very short space of time and after establishing himself as the number one choice in this, his second season in the first team at his hometown club, was unsure whether he was ready to leave the familiar surroundings of home and move to the Premier League so early in his career. However, de Gea has now told his team mates at Atletico that is leaving to join Manchester United and that his parents and girlfriend will be joining him in England.

An official announcement could be made on Monday, but a delay is possible while the player resolves a contactual issue with his agents.

At least United have addressed the problem of Van Der Sar leaving unlike when Big Pete left in 99. :clap:

Ah balls. I loved him for that month in August when I was supporting Atletico Madrid. He’s a magnificent keeper.

With Forlan, Aguero, De Gea and the coach Flores all looking like they’re following Bandage away from Atletico Madrid they must be cursing themselves that they didnt do more to keep the Wexican on board.

I can confirm this is now happening.

De Gea sounds like a pussy. Wouldn’t come without his parents and his girlfriend? FFS.

Andrea Pirlo has officially joined Juve on a 3-year contract.

Inter are leading the chase for Udinese’s Alexis Sanchez.

Daniele De Rossi has reaffirmed his commitment to Roma.

Tim Matavz, a young tall Slovenian striker who got 16 goals in the Eredivisie for FC Gronigen this season, looks like he’s about to join Napoli for €8m.

Just looking at Serie A stuff there and I noticed Udinese have a shitload of players out on loan. Anyone know why?

Mattia Evangelisti (Andria) * -
Andrea Tabanelli (AC Bellaria Igea Marina) * -
Luca Giunchi (AC Bellaria Igea Marina) * -
Andrea Zanigni (Gallaratese) * -
Leonardo Poggi (Castel San P.) * -
Ameth Fall (AC Bellaria Igea Marina) * -
Marco Arrigoni (Valenzana Calcio) * -
Fabio Cusaro (Foligno) * -
Alex Teodorani (AC Bellaria Igea Marina) * -
Franco Chiavarini (NK Zagreb) *
Yuto Nagatomo (Inter Mailand) * -
David Meza (Pavia) * -
Gianluca Turchetta (AC Bellaria Igea Marina) * -
Andrea Moretti (AC Bellaria Igea Marina) * -
Kadir Caidi (Valenzana Calcio) * -
Giovanni Rossi (SPAL) * -
Nicola Ravaglia (SPAL) * -
Mirko Drudi (Valenzana Calcio) * -
Marco Tattini (Pavia) * -
Nebil Caidi (Pavia) * -
Luca Ricci (Pergocrema) * -
Valerio Niccolo Rosseti (AC Bellaria Igea Marina) * -
Giuseppe De Feudis (FC Turin) * -
Alberto Galuppo (Atletico Roma) * -
Elia Ballardini (AC Bellaria Igea Marina) * -
Alessio Petti (AC Bellaria Igea Marina) * -

There’s another 25 or so listed on Wikipedia as well. A fair few are for co-ownership reasons but still they have a ridiculous number of players on loan around Europe.

Read this and let us know Rocko:

I couldn’t be bothered investing the time in it.

Quick check on the length… I’ll save that for tomorrow. That’s a good blog but hadn’t noticed that article on it.