2013 RTÉ Sports Awards

The point I’m making is that if he was the best performing Irish soccer player in 2014, especially operating at the level of getting in teams of years, etc., he at least deserves to be in the conversation for Irish sports person of the year.

Ah so we’re nominating a player from each sport now, regardless of performance, I guess that would explain that ladies footballer.

You will note “especially operating at the level of getting in teams of years” and “deserves to be in the conversation” from my post. I’ll put it another way. Who do you think is more worthy of a nomination than him that didn’t get one?

There does certainly seem to be an element of PC and one from every sport about the actual nominations though, that’s for sure.

James McCarthy was better for Everton than Coleman during the calendar year. He rightly didn’t receive a nomination though.

This is on RTÉ 1 now

Team of the Year will be the Ireland Rugby Team
Manager of the Year will be Paul McGinley
Sportsperson of the Year will be Pubehead

McGinley talking up his role something savage, the cunt doesnt know he’s born :smiley:

Did you not get an invite?

Paul McMitty.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1060602, member: 180”]Team of the Year will be the Ireland Rugby Team
Manager of the Year will be Paul McGinley
Sportsperson of the Year will be Pubehead[/QUOTE]
All three must also have been in with a shout for the BBC equivalent.

Do McGinley’s birth? Not sure it works that way.

Seeing as it was held last week, probably not, but two of them were nominated.

There seems to some girl speaking a foreign language on now, must be a problem with the broadcast translator. Darragh seems to be asking her questions in english, but she seems to be responding in her native tongue. Excellent improvisation from Maloney all the same.

Do you understand how tenses work in the English language?

wtf, they are having a serious conversation about womens bogball

Rory didn’t look all that tense, I think he realises he has this one sewn up after declaring for Ireland in the Olympics.

Is that what she’s talking about?

Some drunk on now, cant understand what he’s saying either, but he looks like he’s having a good night.

Shut him the fuck up already Darrgh.

Jason Smyth would love to win this award you suspect, but not even he could see past Rory.

BOD :clap:

there wasnt 1 thing in that clip that that arsehole o’driscoll did that i couldnt do with ease