2013 Senior Hurling Championship

Just read Arrigles piece in the Times supplement…

Anyone care to post it?

Seems to advocating a return to traditional ‘Creganesqe’ positional hurling.

Seems to have a great time for Clare and would seem to suggest that if Davie was brave enough to play his 15 men in their traditional positions that they could go all the way.

Also suggests that Galway missed their chance before KK found them out and that it will need new tactics to go all the way this year.

Doesn’t say much about Tipp.

Rocko…

Will you please alter the fucking Title before I get abused from a height!

KP you illiterate cunt! :stuck_out_tongue:

John Mullane reckons today that kilkenny are champions because they are he most physical team and their continuing dominance is 80% due to their physicality.

What a revelation.

Is the general feeling that Eamonn O’Shea wasnt showing his full hand in the league final?

All he effectively did was replicate Galways tactic from 2012 by playing Noel McGrath as a third midfielder. Which starved them of the goals they need to beat KK.

I would expect he’d be a bit more imaginative than that come business end of season.

:smiley:

I wonder how Mullane calculated that percentage

I wonder how Mullane calculated that percentage[/quote]
I think it was physical dominance divided by total dominance multiplied by 100.

:smiley:

He would have had to account for the aggression constant also. I think your equation is too simplistic Rocko. Where does gravity come into it?

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 771949, member: 686”]Is the general feeling that Eamonn O’Shea wasnt showing his full hand in the league final?

All he effectively did was replicate Galways tactic from 2012 by playing Noel McGrath as a third midfielder. Which starved them of the goals they need to beat KK.

I would expect he’d be a bit more imaginative than that come business end of season.[/quote]

I’m afraid Tipp emptied the tank in the league final, O’Shea was desperate to win silverware in his first year in charge. They shipped 5 goals against Cork at the weekend.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 771949, member: 686”]Is the general feeling that Eamonn O’Shea wasnt showing his full hand in the league final?
[/quote]
I very much think so.

What were they playing Cork in? Was there not a full round of senior club games at the weekend?

Galway have managed to score goals against KK regularly enough in the past 18 months. So there are weaknesses there.

I think it was a bit too much to digest that Tipp couldn’t manage more than a few decent goal chances in the league final.

What Tipp did prove is that they also have a few lads who can score points from long range even when under pressure. Galway are lacking in this regard.

Opened some aul pitch.

Limerick let Cork beat them recently as well.
It’s part of a campaign to let Cork think they are still relevant.

Played Cork in a challenge on Sunday evening, Cork won 5-14 to 0-24. They were missing the Sars and Drom players

[quote=“The Runt, post: 771979, member: 181”]Limerick let Cork beat them recently as well.
It’s part of a campaign to let Cork think they are still relevant.[/quote]
Can’t read anything into them aul challenge matches *

*Number 29 on the 100 greatest GAA cliches of all time.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 771984, member: 180”]Can’t read anything into them aul challenge matches *

*Number 29 on the 100 greatest GAA cliches of all time.[/quote]

Read TAN’s posts in the Burnout thread for numbers 45, 48 and 63.

Experimental full back line of O’Keeffe, Stapleton & Donagh Maher got a roasting in the second half alright, Tipp were 3 points up at half time.

Munster is wide open this year imo.