2013 Six Nations

Huge boost to Ireland with the new O’Gara will be available for the 6N :clap:

One week for that, if that was Joseph Barton he’d be banned for the rest of the season.

The mans good character was obviously a huge factor. A huge boost to Kidney.

the old boys club went into overdrive for Drico …shane horgan was nearly crying on Newstalk…where else would u get it ??.. :lol:

I am not a fan of Heaslip. Wouldnt have been my choice as skipper but this whole Drico has been treated poorly lark is just sad. The great man has hardly played a game all year FFS and is clearly not match fit. Any game he plays he picks up a new injury.

Rory Best would probably make a decent captain.

Irish team for the 6 Nations to be named today, one of Kearney, Gilroy, Earls or Zebo is going to be left out, this is the team I think he’ll pick. Probably tough on Gilroy but hard to argue with Zebo’s form and Best being picked fills the Ulster quota.

Kearney

Zebo

BOD

Darcy

Earls

Sexton

Murray

Healy

Best

Ross

McCarthy

Ryan

POM

SOB

Heaslip

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 733221”]Irish team for the 6 Nations to be named today, one of Kearney, Gilroy, Earls or Zebo is going to be left out, this is the team I think he’ll pick. Probably tough on Gilroy but hard to argue with Zebo’s form and Best being picked fills the Ulster quota.

Kearney
Zebo
BOD
Darcy
Earls
Sexton
Murray
Healy
Best
Ross
McCarthy
Ryan
POM
SOB
Heaslip[/quote]

Serious lack of big men there to try and deal with the ogres in the Welsh backs.

Not a fan of Earls tbh, but I dunno if McFadden would cope any better against them.

Earls hasn’t played on the wing in over a year for Munster, it would be very hard on Gilroy. POM and Henry will be a very close call too. I wouldn’t be surprised to see DOC in ahead of McCarthy either. This is a game Ireland should be winning, with Wales having a lot of injuries and a lot of players out of form.

That’s an awful looking team. I picked the right year to sever my remaining ties with rugby football.

Sweetnam on the U-20 squad. :clap:

That is probably the team he will go with alright, but is it the right one if picking on form?

On form this year i would pick the following,

Kearney

Zebo

Cave

Darcy

Trimble

Sexton

Murray

Healy

Best ( Capt )

Ross

D Ryan

McCarthy

O’Mahony

O’Brien

Heaslip

Only Rocko understood the post it seems, this is why, even with him severing his ties with the game, he’s still one of the more astute rugby brains on TFK.

As for Anto :rolleyes:

I will be in Caridff this Saturday but will not be attending the Rugby football match

That’s the team I would have picked but I would have Trimble instead of Earls for his better defence and I would be picking Best because he is the best hooker in Ireland and not because he’s from Ulster.

The problem with trimble though is that he isn’t very good.

He’s a decent player-no world beater but a good player on his day. Throwing Gilroy in against the likes of that freak George North is too risky whereas you know that Trimble is a solid defender.

Irish Team to face Wales

Kearney

Gilroy

BOD

Darcy
Zebo

Sexton

Murray

Healy

Best

Ross

McCarthy

Ryan

POM

SOB

Heaslip

Cronin

Kilcoyne

Fitzpatrick

DOC

Henry

Reddan

ROG

Earls

No Trimble or Court.

The Bent excercise must be done & dusted after his debacle last Friday night too.

Trimble isn’t in camp this week.

Happy with that team, POM and Henry the only big call in my opinion. We really should be beating Wales.