2015 All Ireland Football Championship - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1142733, member: 2514”]Is this @Tonymac lad the new great white hope? I remember when the lads Il Bomber destroyed would round up on the latest challenger and give him all the backing he could wish for and still he would fall short.

My argument is watertight.[/QUOTE]
he has 11 or 12 well clamped ratings for some long winded post id bet nobody even got to the end of. a sure sign you have them all rattled to fuck. if you can run this tonymac fucker off the board your place in history is secure. go for it, bury the cunt and take your time doing it.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Please provide factual proof that people have been tipping Tipperary footballers to come good for years. They won their 1st Munster championship since 2003 last year.

The lines have been drawn.

Kevin has been shitting on about them on here.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1142771, member: 2514”]
Kevin has been shitting on about them on here.[/QUOTE]

Someone takes the opinions of strangers on the internet very, very seriously.

Cheers for the clarification.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1142347, member: 2514”]So the B side of the draw is likely to shape up something like this:

Tyrone
Louth
Westmeath/Wexford
Wicklow
Leitrim
Donegal/Armagh
Down/Derry
Waterford

In an ideal world there would be a rule stating teams from the same provinces cant meet until mathematically impossible.

Predicted B side draw:

Louth v Tyrone
Wicklow v Leitrim
Down v Donegal
Wexford
v Waterford

Tyrone v Tipperary
Leitrm v Kildare
Wexford v Derry
Donegal
v Mayo

Donegal v Kildare
Tyrone v Derry

Donegal v Galway
Tyrone v Dublin

Tyrone v Donegal

Tyrone to progress to the All Ireland final.[/QUOTE]
:rolleyes: For the love of Jaysus…

S’up?

FAO @Tonymac
Paddy Joe keeps the flame alive…

Paddy Joe keeps the pot stirring nicely…

frame width=“560” height=“315” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/_CcDIdd2ycQ” frameborder=“0”
allowfullscreen>

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1142347, member: 2514”]So the B side of the draw is likely to shape up something like this:

Tyrone
Louth
Westmeath/Wexford
Wicklow
Leitrim
Donegal/Armagh
Down/Derry
Waterford

In an ideal world there would be a rule stating teams from the same provinces cant meet until mathematically impossible.

Predicted B side draw:

Louth v Tyrone
Wicklow v Leitrim
Down v Donegal
Wexford
v Waterford

Tyrone v Tipperary
Leitrm v Kildare
Wexford v Derry
Donegal
v Mayo

Donegal v Kildare
Tyrone v Derry

Donegal v Galway
Tyrone v Dublin

Tyrone v Donegal

Tyrone to progress to the All Ireland final.[/QUOTE]

Most lads when their team is beaten in a preliminary round will head off to lick their wounds and hope the season is not over by June, secretly thinking you can gain a bit of momentum and get to Croke Park. You on the other hand have created a scenario in pretty exacting detail of a road to an All Ireland Final and somehow have restrained yourself in calling that game presumably because it is too close to call.:smiley:

That’s Fantasy Island gear.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1142922, member: 2272”]Most lads when their team is beaten in a preliminary round will head off to lick their wounds and hope the season is not over by June, secretly thinking you can gain a bit of momentum and get to Croke Park. You on the other hand have created a scenario in pretty exacting detail of a road to an All Ireland Final and somehow have restrained yourself in calling that game presumably because it is too close to call.:smiley:

That’s Fantasy Island gear.[/QUOTE]
Nimby doesn’t live in the real world.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1142731, member: 2514”]Overhyped by pundits, by the bookies, by the average football fans.
[/QUOTE]
No its called talked about by the pundits and average football fans which is expected after winning a 4th U-21 provincial title in 6 years and the seniors having returned to div one for the first time for a decade. The bookies reckon a Connacht final and round 4 defeat.

Winning a All Ireland in a few years IF Roscommon manage to stay in div one was the key point he made and i’m sure you would agree thats a big if.

One of the best and most detailed ranking table i have seen online. Roscommon are 11th currently, have rise from about 20th when playing in Div 4 2011 and now promoted to Div one. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057173179&page=12.

Again this is you having a poor understanding of the betting market.

U-21 this April - Roscommon were favorites because they had won the last two All Ireland semi final they play in and had beat Galway in Tuam who had beaten Mayo in Castlebar. Tyrone hadn’t won Ulster since 2006 and was over a decade since they won All Ireland semi final. With the game played in Connacht it would also play a part in the odds.

Armagh last year i have explained this already.

2013 minor semi final - Roscommon beat Kildare in the quarter final who were favourties for the All Ireland before that game because they beat Dublin. Tyrone didn’t Ulster Monaghan did and they were well beaten by Mayo while Mayo only beat Roscommon narrowly in the Connacht final.

Talk of Roscommon for whatever reason just sickens you full stop.

What is nonsense is me having to repeat myself to you when the information should have been taken in after my second post. Can’t be talking for years and simply little to talk about. If ourselves and Tipp,Cavan etc are to improve further it will be welcome change to the football championship to see some new teams doing well unfortunately for you that would mean more talk about Roscommon which will sicken you.

I gave facts not excuses. Roscommon play London on Sunday the starting team from the last meeting will about 3 or 4 survivors so what happened 7,6 or 8 years ago is irrelevant to this current team and it remains to seen how they will progress in the years ahead.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1142731, member: 2514”]
I’ve clearly upset you by dismissing Roscommon, I just happen to think they are nowhere near the team some seem to think they are and if they have serious aspirations like the talk coming out of their camp then anything else than an All Ireland QF would be a disaster this year given the handy draw presented to them.[/QUOTE]

Here you go again with the anything else than an All Ireland QF would be a disaster this year. Not going to repeat myself again you can read back its crystal clear.

What exactly is your issue here? if you happen to be undertaker i have plans to live for a few more years yet. :pint:

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1142744, member: 1170”]Excellent post @Tonymac :clap:
What’s the story with ballaghadereen?[/QUOTE]
Thanks. The story goes back to 1880s when the borders were redrawn. The town became part of county Roscommon while the club stayed in Mayo. Was attempts to have a second club in the town to be called St Johns where the players could play for their county but Roscommon neighbours Leitrim,Galway,Mayo voted no to it while Sligo,Roscommon voted yes. The Leitrim vote was apparently influenced by John O’Mahony a Mayo man who was Leitrim senior manager at the time.

[QUOTE=“Tonymac, post: 1143067, member: 2956”]No its called talked about by the pundits and average football fans which is expected after winning a 4th U-21 provincial title in 6 years and the seniors having returned to div one for the first time for a decade. The bookies reckon a Connacht final and round 4 defeat.

Winning a All Ireland in a few years IF Roscommon manage to stay in div one was the key point he made and i’m sure you would agree thats a big if.

One of the best and most detailed ranking table i have seen online. Roscommon are 11th currently, have rise from about 20th when playing in Div 4 2011 and now promoted to Div one. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057173179&page=12.

Again this is you having a poor understanding of the betting market.

U-21 this April - Roscommon were favorites because they had won the last two All Ireland semi final they play in and had beat Galway in Tuam who had beaten Mayo in Castlebar. Tyrone hadn’t won Ulster since 2006 and was over a decade since they won All Ireland semi final. With the game played in Connacht it would also play a part in the odds.

Armagh last year i have explained this already.

2013 minor semi final - Roscommon beat Kildare in the quarter final who were favourties for the All Ireland before that game because they beat Dublin. Tyrone didn’t Ulster Monaghan did and they were well beaten by Mayo while Mayo only beat Roscommon narrowly in the Connacht final.

Talk of Roscommon for whatever reason just sickens you full stop.

What is nonsense is me having to repeat myself to you when the information should have been taken in after my second post. Can’t be talking for years and simply little to talk about. If ourselves and Tipp,Cavan etc are to improve further it will be welcome change to the football championship to see some new teams doing well unfortunately for you that would mean more talk about Roscommon which will sicken you.

I gave facts not excuses. Roscommon play London on Sunday the starting team from the last meeting will about 3 or 4 survivors so what happened 7,6 or 8 years ago is irrelevant to this current team and it remains to seen how they will progress in the years ahead.

Here you go again with the anything else than an All Ireland QF would be a disaster this year. Not going to repeat myself again you can read back its crystal clear.[/QUOTE]

Lets cut your wishy-washy excuse making to pieces here.

They won a 4 u-21 provinical titles in 6 years, really? How many All Irelands followed? You say I don’t understand how the bookies work, wrong. I said that they have been way overhyped and when the crunch came they have been shown to. They were 8/11 to beat Armagh last year and were resoundingly beaten, their u21s were 4/9 to beat Tyrone and were resoundingly beaten, their minors in 2013 were 8/15 and couldn’t live with Tyrone when they stepped it up in the second half. That to me talks about a team that is overhyped but here you are justifying that basis and then denying that there is even an expectancy of Roscommon or that nobody talks them up - complete nonsense.

Don’t deny about giving the excuses, you’d want to settle on what you’re trying to say first of all as some of your points are totally contradictory. You keep going on about Roscommon being tipped for a provincial final and a r4 qualifier spot, incorrect. Currently they are ranked 10th in the betting odds, on the A side of the draw they are ranked as the 4th highest team behind Dubin, Cork and Monaghan who should all progress to their provincial finals meaning Roscommon can’t meet them until past the last 12 stage provided Roscommon overcome the flimsy test of London and Sligo.

Roscommon are into the last 12 if they beat London and Sligo guaranteed.

Talk of a team who are being hyped with little supporting theory behind it annoys me. When they beat someone of note in a Championship match then they can talk, until then though I will rightly question the merits of their team who have been very unimpressive whenever I have seen them play, certainly with regard to what I had been hearing about them.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1143239, member: 2514”]Lets cut your wishy-washy excuse making to pieces here.

They won a 4 u-21 provinical titles in 6 years, really? How many All Irelands followed? You say I don’t understand how the bookies work, wrong. I said that they have been way overhyped and when the crunch came they have been shown to. They were 8/11 to beat Armagh last year and were resoundingly beaten, their u21s were 4/9 to beat Tyrone and were resoundingly beaten, their minors in 2013 were 8/15 and couldn’t live with Tyrone when they stepped it up in the second half. That to me talks about a team that is overhyped but here you are justifying that basis and then denying that there is even an expectancy of Roscommon or that nobody talks them up - complete nonsense.

Don’t deny about giving the excuses, you’d want to settle on what you’re trying to say first of all as some of your points are totally contradictory. You keep going on about Roscommon being tipped for a provincial final and a r4 qualifier spot, incorrect. Currently they are ranked 10th in the betting odds, on the A side of the draw they are ranked as the 4th highest team behind Dubin, Cork and Monaghan who should all progress to their provincial finals meaning Roscommon can’t meet them until past the last 12 stage provided Roscommon overcome the flimsy test of London and Sligo.

Roscommon are into the last 12 if they beat London and Sligo guaranteed.

Talk of a team who are being hyped with little supporting theory behind it annoys me. When they beat someone of note in a Championship match then they can talk, until then though I will rightly question the merits of their team who have been very unimpressive whenever I have seen them play, certainly with regard to what I had been hearing about them.[/QUOTE]

You really are being bet up a stick here. You were going on about them being ranked 8th, now it’s 10th. And despite then being ranked 10th by the bookie’s, you think yourself they’ll be in the last 12. You’ve an awfully strange obsession over this.

Your great white hope can’t settle on his argument and here you are coming in wading in and trying to help him out - you really can’t convince yourself of what you are saying is happening. I think your summation is weird, I have voiced an opinion and I have defended it, what’s obsessive or strange about that? My opinion is based on fact, he’s the one who has his knickers in a twist over a very fair comment.

[LIST]
[]Roscommon haven’t had a notable Championship scalp in at least 8 years
[
]They are being heavily tipped to have a great season and a lot of pundits are tipping them for a last 8 spot
[]They have shat the course when they have been heavily favoured in recent years at all levels
[
]Their manager is talking about how they’re going to be challenging for All Irelands in years to come, well not a lot has happened with their All Ireland winning minor crop of 2006
[/LIST]

Fucking stupid hell jesus

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1143239, member: 2514”]Lets cut your wishy-washy excuse making to pieces here.
[/QUOTE]
I gave you facts not excuses. e.g few teams if any playing their league football down in div 3,4 for a decade can make impact or take a scalps come championship time.

Last six years only the best has beaten Roscommon at U-21 level. 2010 Dublin,2011 Galway, 2012, Dublin,2013 Galway,2014 Dublin, 2015 Tyrone. If i was to pick out one year Roscommon could have won the All Ireland it would have been 2013 when Roscommon should have won in normal time against Galway but lost narrowly in extra time. Numerous Roscommon players from those last 6 U-21 teams have since won All Ireland medals with their colleges.

You don’t understand and i have educated you on how the bookie market works. For the record Roscommon minors should have been out of sight in the 1st half of that All Ireland semi final which included a poorly taken penalty and Tyrone took the lead for the first time with two minutes to play. Mayo weren’t as wasteful in the All Ireland final.

Roscommon will only go into the A side of the draw only if they lose to Sligo or London. The loser of the Connacht final will take on one of the B winners. Sligo rarely deliver a flimsy test against Roscommon and have played them plenty in league and championship last 4 or 5 years.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1143239, member: 2514”]
Talk of a team who are being hyped with little supporting theory behind it annoys me. When they beat someone of note in a Championship match then they can talk, until then though I will rightly question the merits of their team who have been very unimpressive whenever I have seen them play, certainly with regard to what I had been hearing about them.[/QUOTE]
Talk of Roscommon annoys you and why this is the case is far more deep rooted than a football team.