2015 All Ireland Football Championship - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1142333, member: 273”]Only in first round.

As an aside. The Cork Minor panel got clapped off the field by the Kerry crowd last Wednesday night.
They we’re let down by their management who are nowhere near up to it (bar Dorgan the coach who is excellent) and there was some serious footballers left off. Conor Cahalane couldn’t make the squad yet stood out in 2 games I saw, one an A v B game.
For once though Kerry were the bigger more imposing team even though Cork had 2 or 3 monsters.[/QUOTE]

Yes, in the qf stage, this was in the prelim stage so to recap, no it’s not the same for everyone. It’s up to the Ulster council to change it but I don’t really have any quibbles with the current setup. I was merely pointing towards how one of the big guns for the AI will fall in their first game.

So the B side of the draw is likely to shape up something like this:

Tyrone
Louth
Westmeath/Wexford
Wicklow
Leitrim
Donegal/Armagh
Down/Derry
Waterford

In an ideal world there would be a rule stating teams from the same provinces cant meet until mathematically impossible.

Predicted B side draw:

Louth v Tyrone
Wicklow v Leitrim
Down v Donegal
Wexford
v Waterford

Tyrone v Tipperary
Leitrm v Kildare
Wexford v Derry
Donegal
v Mayo

Donegal v Kildare
Tyrone v Derry

Donegal v Galway
Tyrone v Dublin

Tyrone v Donegal

Tyrone to progress to the All Ireland final.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1142328, member: 2514”]No, as I clarified earlier, hype like a team who hasn’t had a noticeable championship scalp in at least 8 years being ranked as the 8th team for the All Ireland favourite. They may be playing in Div 1 next year but they are going straight back down and it could get very nasty for both them and Down there.
[/QUOTE]
I have very much clarified all of this in my last post. If hyped the current odds wouldn’t be what they are. Scalps making championship impacts is rarely done when you are playing your league football in Div 3 or div 4. Monaghan,Kerry,Cork,Donegal,Dublin,Mayo are the top six sides in Ireland in this moment in time and if Roscommon are relegated next year so be it however playing better sides week in and week out should bring on an improving and young Roscommon side its a far cry from playing the likes of London,Carlow,Kilkenny and then expecting to take a scalp come championship time.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1142328, member: 2514”]
I do understand the betting market and a lot of it is funneled by hype and having lads buy into it, Roscommon were 8/11 to beat Armagh last year. I remember browsing the forum at the time and seeing Il Bomber Destro tip Armagh for this and give a very good explanation on his rationale - I made a fortune off it. Roscommon were being backed to beat Armagh with little basis ,as you said Armagh were after coming off an impressive win against Tyrone whereas have Roscommon beat a limited Cavan outfit who are another side who have been vastly overhyped in the past years.
[/QUOTE] If made a fortune out of that game well done and it goes to show that someone like you with a poor understand of the betting market can win money. Cavan are not over hyped they are another improving side very similar to Roscommon. Cavan have plenty of talent under the age of 23 and have spent plenty of years in div 3. Cavan could easily have gained promotion to div one this spring but on were on the wrong side of a few narrow defeats.

How big is Ballaghderreen, does it have a population of about 10,000 or is it a small rural village? If you’re claiming a loss of about 1,000 or 2,000 then it’s risible and maybe an indicating factor on why Roscommon have done nothing credible in the last 8 years.
[/QUOTE] My Ballaghderreen comment was in reply to the population, the pick Roscommon have in truth isn’t much different to neighbours Sligo.

Let’s judge the Armagh team they beat on their merits, in the 2011 season they were hammered by Derry in Ulster and taken to extra time by Wicklow. They were dumped out of Ulster in 2012 by Tyrone in their first game and then beat by Roscommon.
In 2013 Armagh they were embarrassed by Cavan before an ordinary Galway outfit accounted for them in the qualifiers. In 2011-2013 they managed three Championship victories - one against Down, an extra time victory against Wicklow and a hammering of Leitrim - if you’re claiming them as a scalp then again I think it says a lot about Roscommon.
[/QUOTE] The fact is in 2012 Armagh played their league football in div one, they gave a very good account of themselves against Tyrone before losing narrowly. Roscommon on the other hand had a mid table finish in div 3 were hammered at home by average Galway team and were expected to lose against Armagh i take it you didn’t win any fortune on that game anyway.

Roscommon beat Sligo in 2010 at 5/1, magnificent. Sligo beat Mayo and Galway that year, unreal. Now I really want to draw significant attention here, Mayo were knocked out of the 2010 All Ireland by Longford, Galway were knocked out by Wexford and Sligo ended up being on the wrong end of a 19 point drubbing by Down. If you consider that an achievement then you’re easily pleased.
[/QUOTE] It was achievement from where Roscommon came from e.g relegated to div 4 that spring with just one win and 6 defeats which included a big defeat against promoted Sligo. Played the eventually All Ireland champions Cork in the quarter final led on 50mins and wasn’t until the last 15 mins that Cork were sure of that win. Mayo were Connacht champions going into that Sligo game and reached the div one final that spring they have since won four in a row Connacht titles.

the 2010 Connacht championship win by Roscommon was without doubt the softest provincial triumph in recent history.[/QUOTE]
To repeat in 2012 a Div one Mayo only had to beat Leitrim at home and Sligo in the Connacht final.

[QUOTE=“Tonymac, post: 1142369, member: 2956”]I have very much clarified all of this in my last post. If hyped the current odds wouldn’t be what they are. Scalps making championship impacts is rarely done when you are playing your league football in Div 3 or div 4. Monaghan,Kerry,Cork,Donegal,Dublin,Mayo are the top six sides in Ireland in this moment in time and if Roscommon are relegated next year so be it however playing better sides week in and week out should bring on an improving and young Roscommon side its a far cry from playing the likes of London,Carlow,Kilkenny and then expecting to take a scalp come championship time.

If made a fortune out of that game well done and it goes to show that someone like you with a poor understand of the betting market can win money. Cavan are not over hyped they are another improving side very similar to Roscommon. Cavan have plenty of talent under the age of 23 and have spent plenty of years in div 3. Cavan could easily have gained promotion to div one this spring but on were on the wrong side of a few narrow defeats.

My Ballaghderreen comment was in reply to the population, the pick Roscommon have in truth isn’t much different to neighbours Sligo.

The fact is in 2012 Armagh played their league football in div one, they gave a very good account of themselves against Tyrone before losing narrowly. Roscommon on the other hand had a mid table finish in div 3 were hammered at home by average Galway team and were expected to lose against Armagh i take it you didn’t win any fortune on that game anyway.

It was achievement from where Roscommon came from e.g relegated to div 4 that spring with just one win and 6 defeats which included a big defeat against promoted Sligo. Played the eventually All Ireland champions Cork in the quarter final led on 50mins and wasn’t until the last 15 mins that Cork were sure of that win. Mayo were Connacht champions going into that Sligo game and reached the div one final that spring they have since won four in a row Connacht titles.

To repeat in 2012 a Div one Mayo only had to beat Leitrim at home and Sligo in the Connacht final.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“Tonymac, post: 1142369, member: 2956”]I have very much clarified all of this in my last post. If hyped the current odds wouldn’t be what they are. Scalps making championship impacts is rarely done when you are playing your league football in Div 3 or div 4. Monaghan,Kerry,Cork,Donegal,Dublin,Mayo are the top six sides in Ireland in this moment in time and if Roscommon are relegated next year so be it however playing better sides week in and week out should bring on an improving and young Roscommon side its a far cry from playing the likes of London,Carlow,Kilkenny and then expecting to take a scalp come championship time.

If made a fortune out of that game well done and it goes to show that someone like you with a poor understand of the betting market can win money. Cavan are not over hyped they are another improving side very similar to Roscommon. Cavan have plenty of talent under the age of 23 and have spent plenty of years in div 3. Cavan could easily have gained promotion to div one this spring but on were on the wrong side of a few narrow defeats.

My Ballaghderreen comment was in reply to the population, the pick Roscommon have in truth isn’t much different to neighbours Sligo.

The fact is in 2012 Armagh played their league football in div one, they gave a very good account of themselves against Tyrone before losing narrowly. Roscommon on the other hand had a mid table finish in div 3 were hammered at home by average Galway team and were expected to lose against Armagh i take it you didn’t win any fortune on that game anyway.

It was achievement from where Roscommon came from e.g relegated to div 4 that spring with just one win and 6 defeats which included a big defeat against promoted Sligo. Played the eventually All Ireland champions Cork in the quarter final led on 50mins and wasn’t until the last 15 mins that Cork were sure of that win. Mayo were Connacht champions going into that Sligo game and reached the div one final that spring they have since won four in a row Connacht titles.

To repeat in 2012 a Div one Mayo only had to beat Leitrim at home and Sligo in the Connacht final.[/QUOTE]

Cavan are overhyped, they don’t have a single forward of note in their panel and they are a good bit behind Donegal, Monaghan, Tyrone and Derry in Ulster. For all the talk about them they have done nothing on a Championship level bar beat a rabble of an Armagh outfit in 2013. They are a very ordinary side and their manager is a dinosaur.

Monaghan won the toughest provincial championship of them all by beating the reigning All Ireland Champions in the final while they were in Division Three so I don’t think that qualifies as an excuse, I wouldn’t have backed Armagh in any circumstances during the O’Rourke era, he was a disaster and Armagh who were rebuilding again after their best era of players packed it in.

What have Roscommon done to be ranked 8th favourites for the All Ireland, to have some pundits tipping them for a semi-final spot? They haven’t had a win over either Mayo or Galway in at least 8 years in Championship football. Leading at the 50 min mark in the game proves fuck all, sure Laois were matching Dublin toe to toe for a reasonable amount of their game last year but Dublin blitzed them late on and it’s Cork, the worst AI Champions in the past 20 odd years. They haven’t had a big scalp in championship football in 8 years, they’ve been coming for years but every time they come up against a big team they don’t deliver.

If Roscommon don’t reach an All Ireland QF this year then it shows they are well overhyped. Kevin Cassidy was the latest to tip them for big things year. If they are worth the hype they are getting then I’d be expecting them at a minimum to win Connacht this year or at least reach an All Ireland QF. They could potentially be in an All Ireland QF by virtue of beating London, Sligo and a rather unknown quantity in Galway.

Whelan. :rolleyes:

It would be great if that was the case for the senior championship

Brilliant :smiley:

big crowd there,the gga has really taken off

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1142376, member: 2514”]Cavan are overhyped, they don’t have a single forward of note in their panel and they are a good bit behind Donegal, Monaghan, Tyrone and Derry in Ulster. For all the talk about them they have done nothing on a Championship level bar beat a rabble of an Armagh outfit in 2013. They are a very ordinary side and their manager is a dinosaur.
[/QUOTE]
Over hyped by whom or your imagination again thinking they are? Behind Monaghan,Donegal but i disagree they are a good bit behind Derry or Tyrone and if i recall right they beat Derry not so long ago. The improvement they have made e.g on the verge of relegation to div 4 to on the wrong side of a few narrow defeat to div one promotion last spring has happened under that so called dinosaur of a manager.

Monaghan spent one year in Div 3 for the rest of the last decade they have been either Div one or two side. Without taking away from Monaghan Ulster success they reached that final by beating Antrim relegated to div 4 and then Cavan mid table div 3 at time by i think one point to reach that Ulster final. Donegal were hung over from winning the All Ireland the previous year and took almighty tanking from Mayo in the last eight which normally wouldn’t have happened.

Thats open to debate if Cork was were the worst All Ireland winner they were the best that year and for the talent they had they probably should have won a few more titles.

Direct me to these pundits tipping Roscommon for a semi final spot? checking the odds tonight i can get odds as long as 66/1 on Roscommon to win the All Ireland and for example you can’t get odds that long on the likes of Derry who haven’t won Ulster since 1998 or Galway who haven’t won Connacht since 2008. Roscommon also remain 3rd favourties for Connacht but thats over hyped in your book.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1142376, member: 2514”]
If Roscommon don’t reach an All Ireland QF this year then it shows they are well overhyped. Kevin Cassidy was the latest to tip them for big things year. If they are worth the hype they are getting then I’d be expecting them at a minimum to win Connacht this year or at least reach an All Ireland QF. They could potentially be in an All Ireland QF by virtue of beating London, Sligo and a rather unknown quantity in Galway.[/QUOTE]
Once again this brings me back to my first post and needing to repeat myself on who Roscommon could play in the quarter or Connacht final if they get there. Both games they would be big underdogs if overhyped they would be slight underdogs or even money but that won’t be the case. To quote the Irish times championship county by county preview. Roscommon what the bookies say… Connacht final defeat and round 4 exit and for the record they were spot on last year Connacht semi final defeat round 3 exit.

Is it articles from fellas like Kevin Cassidy that gets on your tits the most? why wouldn’t he and others give Roscommon some good press after reaching div one and its a welcome change from years of negative stuff written about Roscommon. The best advice i can give is don’t read articles like that or at least remove that major chip on shoulder before you do.

[QUOTE=“Tonymac, post: 1142620, member: 2956”]Over hyped by whom or your imagination again thinking they are? Behind Monaghan,Donegal but i disagree they are a good bit behind Derry or Tyrone and if i recall right they beat Derry not so long ago. The improvement they have made e.g on the verge of relegation to div 4 to on the wrong side of a few narrow defeat to div one promotion last spring has happened under that so called dinosaur of a manager.

Monaghan spent one year in Div 3 for the rest of the last decade they have been either Div one or two side. Without taking away from Monaghan Ulster success they reached that final by beating Antrim relegated to div 4 and then Cavan mid table div 3 at time by i think one point to reach that Ulster final. Donegal were hung over from winning the All Ireland the previous year and took almighty tanking from Mayo in the last eight which normally wouldn’t have happened.

Thats open to debate if Cork was were the worst All Ireland winner they were the best that year and for the talent they had they probably should have won a few more titles.

Direct me to these pundits tipping Roscommon for a semi final spot? checking the odds tonight i can get odds as long as 66/1 on Roscommon to win the All Ireland and for example you can’t get odds that long on the likes of Derry who haven’t won Ulster since 1998 or Galway who haven’t won Connacht since 2008. Roscommon also remain 3rd favourties for Connacht but thats over hyped in your book.

Once again this brings me back to my first post and needing to repeat myself on who Roscommon could play in the quarter or Connacht final if they get there. Both games they would be big underdogs if overhyped they would be slight underdogs or even money but that won’t be the case. To quote the Irish times championship county by county preview. Roscommon what the bookies say… Connacht final defeat and round 4 exit and for the record they were spot on last year Connacht semi final defeat round 3 exit.

Is it articles from fellas like Kevin Cassidy that gets on your tits the most? why wouldn’t he and others give Roscommon some good press after reaching div one and its a welcome change from years of negative stuff written about Roscommon. The best advice i can give is don’t read articles like that or at least remove that major chip on shoulder before you do.[/QUOTE]

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

@Tonymac[/USER] is giving “the master of talking to himself” [USER=2514]@Nembo Kid an awful chasing here. :popcorn:

If Bomber was still around, he’d surely intervene in this drubbing.

@Nembo Kid has become a parody of himself at this stage

A shell of a poster.

[QUOTE=“Tonymac, post: 1142620, member: 2956”]Over hyped by whom or your imagination again thinking they are? Behind Monaghan,Donegal but i disagree they are a good bit behind Derry or Tyrone and if i recall right they beat Derry not so long ago. The improvement they have made e.g on the verge of relegation to div 4 to on the wrong side of a few narrow defeat to div one promotion last spring has happened under that so called dinosaur of a manager.

Is it articles from fellas like Kevin Cassidy that gets on your tits the most? why wouldn’t he and others give Roscommon some good press after reaching div one and its a welcome change from years of negative stuff written about Roscommon. The best advice i can give is don’t read articles like that or at least remove that major chip on shoulder before you do.[/QUOTE]

Overhyped by pundits, by the bookies, by the average football fans.

Their manager was talking about All Irelands there a couple of weeks ago. They are ranked in the top 8 teams for the All Ireland yet have done absolutely fuck all in the prior 8 years of Championship football to justify that. They have done nothing at senior level to garner the kind of attention they are getting and I take it you must be incredibly sheltered not to hear all the talk surrounding this Roscommon team.

They were 4/9 to beat Tyrone in the U21 semi final this year, they were 8/15 to beat Tyrone in the 2013 minor semi final. They were 8/11 to beat Armagh in last year’s All Ireland qualifier. They were deservedly beaten in all those games. This says they are overhyped, at all levels, for years, it sickens me for them to be rated as highly as they are, it is nonsense.

Much like Tipp, people have been tipping Roscommon to come good for years but the fact is up until now they have achieved fuck all at Championship.

They’ve been really underwhelming anytime I’ve seen them in recent times and I’ve heard a lot of people shitting on about them.

You seem to be taking umbrage about my summation of Roscommon not being much a threat, you can’t argue with the facts that they have done fuck all in 8 years of Championship football. You can make all the excuses you want but there are none from here on in.

I’ve clearly upset you by dismissing Roscommon, I just happen to think they are nowhere near the team some seem to think they are and if they have serious aspirations like the talk coming out of their camp then anything else than an All Ireland QF would be a disaster this year given the handy draw presented to them.

Is this @Tonymac lad the new great white hope? I remember when the lads Il Bomber destroyed would round up on the latest challenger and give him all the backing he could wish for and still he would fall short.

My argument is watertight.

You just love writing big long essays & talking to yourself. :confused::smiley:

Can @Nembo Kid change his avatar to

http://www.soccertackle.com/ekmps/shops/soccertackle/images/football-goal-dollies-for-moving-free-standing-goalposts-[3]-736-p.jpg

[QUOTE=“Tonymac, post: 1142193, member: 2956”]Hype like a now Div one team been currently 3rd favorites for Connacht or 40/1 for Sam? In Jan the experts said Roscommon would struggle to stay up in div two.

Population is even less than 63,000 as Roscommon are not allowed to pick from one of their biggest towns Ballaghaderreen

Armagh were a Div one team in 2012 and were odds on to win that game.

Roscommon beat Sligo against the odds 5/1 that day as Sligo had beaten both Galway and Mayo that year and in 2012 Mayo won Connacht by beating Leitrim at home in the semi final and Sligo in the final.

I doubt Roscommon were “big” favourites as Armagh had just beaten Tyrone away. If Roscommon were favourites it would be because they had were at home and had a big win over Cavan away and Roscommon were promoted to div 2 while Armagh relegated to div 3. You have poor understanding of the betting market if you think that was completely absurd and wholly ignorant.

Everyone talking really?

As i said in my first post Roscommon have been playing div 3/4 football for over a decade were div 4 in 2011 and only rose out of div 3 last year, few if any sides can take championship scalps or make much of impact from that low level base. In 2009 Roscommon lost by 20 points to average Mayo side that eventually lost to Meath in quarter final. Compared to Last year Roscommon lost to a good Mayo side that reached back to back All Ireland finals by just one point. So even in the defeat the improvement is there to be seen.[/QUOTE]
Excellent post @Tonymac :clap:
What’s the story with ballaghadereen?