2015 All Ireland Football Championship - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

I think you’ll see I said Kerry should beat them but I thought Kildare were great value, obviously they weren’t.

I’ve had great faith in this Tyrone team ever since Mickey went back to basics from the Mayo game, Kerry will be the team who have to change tact for us. We’ll impose our game on them and we WILL beat them.

Sorry, the damage is irreparable.

Needless to say I will have the last laugh.

I’m still laughing at that Kildare punt.

It was the league. Kerry were still lifting weights 3-4 times a week up to 7 days before it. Omagh is nor Croke Park and Kerry have at least 4-5 players back or playing to a far better level now.

As for Donaghy, long high ball in will suit this Tyrone set up. If it doesn’t work Tyrone will gain a lot from it. I would think it’s a better plan b. And Tyrone are different to Donegal. They play immobile sweepers (relatively speaking) and it’s the next line further out who attack. That’s a different dynamic.

Exactly, Omagh is not Croke Park and Tyrone are a completely different animal in Croke Park. Tyrone’s record at Omagh is quite poor.

Did you even watch kerry embarrass your kildare tip?

There was a glaring difference in pace and angle of runs between Kerry and Tyrone in their last games. That’s not taking away from Tyrone. It’s just the reality, take away the bullshit and the goading, Tyrone were excellent. However Monaghan didn’t play at all and we’re mentally damaged early enough. That won’t happen to Kerry.

Tyrone didn’t let Monaghan play, it was really that simple. They beat them all ends up and the scoreline flattered Monaghan in the end. I don’t think it had anything to do with Monaghan not showing up, Tyrone are just better.

That’s not what I said. Tyrone got to Monaghan with all the bullshit and then played a bit of football.

Won’t do against Kerry. However I think Harte is smart enough to know that and i’d say this game won’t be half the cunt fest people think.

What bullshit did Tyrone get to Monaghan with? Tyrone had Monaghan well beaten by the time any antics started.

Any news on McCann appeal ? Was being heard tonight I believe

Kevin Keane had his red downgraded to a yellow

That is frankly ridiculous, it’s as blatant a straight red card as you are ever likely to see.

Given that, we don’t need to wait for official confirmation.

Tiernan McCann’s ban has been OVERTURNED.

I wonder will Tiernan McCann be un-deleting his Twitter page, now?

1 Like

Agree.

Can’t see how in the way the current rules stand that it could be turned over.

However, I have a huge issue with the rules, as they are made to be too black and white. A “strike” like that is fuck all, and that shouldn’t be a red card. It’s petulant stupid shit, but even Murphy didn’t flinch. By having the rules as they are causes incidents like McCanns dive whereby knocking someone out is the same punishment as a pussy ass attempt to strike.

The only issue with grading the intent or the force of a strike means it’s another thing for incompetent refs to adjudicate.

The whole McCann ban was a farce. You can’t retrospectively introduce rules, regardless of the dive.

Can the tribunal in the AFL have its decisions appealed?

Yep. But you run the risk of an increased suspension if you lose. Eg. So you get a 3 week ban, reduced to 2 if you plead guilty or you have previous good record. You appeal, and it can go to 4. In unusual or serious instances, it can go straight to tribunal for a hearing without the first round disciplinary meeting. You can appeal that, but would rarely win.

Any high profile cases of bans being overturned? Seems to be far more watertight than the GAA’s procedures which are a farce. You’d need to be a mug not to get any sort of ban overturned at this stage.