2015 All Ireland Football Championship - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

McCann ban has been lifted, as expected.

Glad for him. Whilst what he did was a moment of madness, to miss an All Ireland semi final and possibly a final would have been very harsh on the lad.

Fair play to whoever Keane/Mayo had representing them. By the letter of the law, it was a red card all day long.

Anyway, we can all look forward now to 2 cracking matches, touch wood. Really looking forward to both.

Penrose had his ban upheld two years ago despite it being far more slight. Murphy has a big square chin so I think he can absorb a fair whack without flinching. It’s the sheer inconsistency of these incidents that are frustrating. I think it was Ryan McCloskey who got a really harsh red against Monaghan earlier in the year which was upheld on appeal.

Conall McGovern had his appeal turned down this year for what looked to be a complete accident in that his outreached arm caught Enda Lynn when his eyes were firmly on the ball. The fact that Keane has had his ban overturned despite it being a textbook red card and suspension and other incidents which looked to be completely wrong or extremely harsh were thrown out tells you a lot about it.

Keane seems to have got off because what he did was inexplicably stupid.

How the hell did the Mayo lad win his appeal? A red card all day long.

The GAA disciplinary process is an absolute joke.

1 Like

I wonder did mayo do a deal in return for not kicking up about mcquillan. They were seething with him after the way the 2013 all ireland ended.

Christ I hope not, Keane isn’t worth that.

Great to see Meyler’s card rescinded, it was an horrendous decision.

Were you being sarcastic when you made out fogarty gave hanbury a right doing? Or was it just a mccann based swipe?

It will be interesting how we deal with Kerry’s cynicism on Sunday, they had the second highest number of black cards across the 4 divisions during the league.

Paul Murphy will miss a potential All Ireland final should he pick up a black card.

Some from column A, some from column B

1 Like

He’ll have to make sure he gets the yellow so. Shouldnt matter thought, right?

You thought it was a fair comment. Ya cunt ya.

Not in the least, I’d have no time for Fogarty, but it was a dangerous challenge. Not sure its a sending off mind you.

No shouldn’t matter, we’ll beat them.

Will you be betting large on this one as you did for the Kildare Kerry game?

1 Like

I’d never bet foolishly on a 6/1 shot.

:smile:

Tiernan McCann found innocent after chocolate biscuit mutiny ends GAA disciplinary hearing

Tyrone’s Tiernan McCann has finally had his eight week ban for bringing the GAA into disrepute overturned after a dramatic night of events at Croke Park.

The Central Hearings Committee (CHC) finally reached a decision at around 1am, after running out of chocolate digestive biscuits.

Twitter had gone into overdrive nearly three hours previously after rumours of McCann’s ban being overturned leaked out, but these reports proved premature, due to what was at that point still a well stocked cupboard.

Mayo’s Kevin Keane had much earlier had his red card against Donegal downgraded to a yellow in a decision that took less than 30 seconds, but McCann’s hearing was to prove much more lengthy.

“There was no way we were letting that diving Nordie gobshite out of here without making him wait for a long time”, said Fintan Crummy, Chairman of the CHC. “The decision was obviously a formality, but there was loads of lovely finger food available and the committee members decided it’d be a sin to let it go to waste. When we polished all that off we tucked into the biscuits. They were lovely. Chocolate digestives, not the miserable Irish-made ones now, the proper McVities ones. Great with a pot of tea.”

Eyewitnesses said the committee members sat dunking biscuits in tea and laughing at McCann for over three hours while the hearing took place.

At one point McCann asked if he could have a biscuit only to be met with a frosty response from committee Chairman Crummy, followed by loud laughter from the rest of the committee.

“The cheeky bollix actually asked us for a biscuit”, said another committee member, on condition of anonymity. "I said to him, “you’re bloody lucky you’ll be walking out of here a free man tomorrow, and it will be tomorrow, mark my words.”

“We could have gone on until at least dawn if we had to”, continued the committee member. “The lads were all enjoying the biccies immensely, absolutely scoffing them down. But we ran out of them at about 1am. We did think of sending somebody out to get more, and a couple of packets of fags while we were at it, but the nearest 24 hour shop is way up on Dorset Street, and that’s a bit of a trek at this time of night, so we just said, “fuck that, we’ll call it a night. Innocent.” Twas probably the wise decision, the lads were fuckin’ stuffed, actually.”

But Crummy was still upbeat as he left the hearing. “At least the greasy haired bollix will have to drive all the way back to Tyrone in the middle of the night. He won’t sleep tonight, that’s for sure.”

My team predictions:

1. Kealy
  2. Enright
  3. O’Se
  4. Murphy
  5. Lyne
  6. O’Mahony
  7. Young
  8. Maher
  9. Moran
  10. Buckley
  11. Sheehan