2015 All Ireland Football Championship - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

Who will take the frees from the left hand side for Kerry?

Fitzmaurice opting for his most mobile side.

He is an incredibly adaptable manager.

[quote=“Nembo_Kid, post:4042, topic:19514, full:true”]
Who will take the frees from the left hand side for Kerry?

Buckley from the left side and Gooch from the right.
Their bench must have given you the shits all the same.

I’m not worried about Kerry, I know if we do our business we will win. Donaghy is the one player they have that worries me, I look at our full forward line against their full back line and I feel very confident.

Good interview with Mickey, what a man.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/gaa/9957909/harte-hoping-to-conquer-the-kingdom#ooid=A1bmI0dzog6dkIpc7VK0SJkDJgutqBNa

I think Fitzmaurice has picked and placed his charges in the optimum positions to cope with Tyrone’s pace and running game. Dropping Murphy back, recalling Crowley and omitting O’Mahony all indicate a man that knows what he’s about.

I honestly haven’t met one Kerry man from Kenmare to Ventry these last few days that even thinks this will be close.

Most have said it doesn’t matter anyway cos they’ll be beaten in the final. A lot have said its Mayo’s year.

Usual playing it down in fairness but they are all totally dismissing Tyrone.

2 Likes

I’d expect Murphy on McCurry and I’d expect McCurry to take him to the cleaners.

1. Niall Morgan - Edendork - 41 Appearances (10)
  2. Aidan McCrory - Errigal Ciaran - 68 Appearances (17)
  3. Ronan McNamee - Aghyaran - 43 Appearances (11)
  4. Cathal McCarron - Dromore - 69 Appearances (19)
  5. Ronan McNabb - Dromore - 44 Appearances (14)
  6. Justin McMahon - Omagh - 88 Appearances (34)
  7. Peter Harte - Errigal Ciaran - 89 Appearances (31)
  8. Colm Cavanagh - Moy - 107 Appearances (42)
  9. Matthew Donnelly - Trillick - 63 Appearances (21)
  10. Tiernan McCann - Killyclogher - 29 Appearances (7)
  11. Mark Bradley - Killyclogher - 7 Appearances (6)
  12. Conor Meyler - Omagh - 3 Appearances (3)
  13. Darren McCurry - Edendork - 45 Appearances (19)
  14. Sean Cavanagh - Moy - 208 Appearances (78)
  15. Connor McAliskey - Clonoe - 42 Appearances (15)
  16. Michael O’Neill - Clonoe - 9 Appearances (3)
  17. Lee Brennan - Trillick - Yet to make inter county debut
  18. Rory Brennan - Trillick - 7 Appearances (4)
  19. Conor Clarke - Omagh - 41 Appearances (16)
  20. Richard Donnelly - Trillick - 3 Appearances (3)
  21. Danny McBride - Strabane - 20 Appearances (5)
  22. Conall McCann - Killyclogher - 13 Appearances (4)
  23. Joe McMahon - Omagh - 122 Appearances (61)
  24. Padraig McNulty - Dungannon - 16 Appearances (4)
  25. Ronan O’Neill - Omagh - 37 Appearances (11)
  26. Barry Tierney - Omagh - 23 Appearances (6)

Big Joey fit enough for the bench.

Make Hay off these 2 & Mickey boy & co will go far Sunday.

1 Like

Who will Kerry put on Cavanagh? Crowley would be the only man for the job I would say.

That would be my thinking & if it happens it will open up the whole center forward area for Donnelly to raid from deep.

Very surprised O’Mahony isn’t starting just to sit in the middle and hold the fort. Bradley is really really good at ghosting into open space and uses the ball very well. The more I think about it the more confident I get, Kerry were very poor against a flat Donegal last year and really struggled with their attacking plan, both their goals had a huge element of luck to them.

As you have astutely pointed out already, Kerry have been leaking goals all year & O’Mahony is a fouling machine so no way Fitzmaurice could pick him. Crowley has the advantage of young legs & should be able to track back but Cavanagh if deployed at CF will be extremely difficult to track.

In saying all that, the Tyrone defence are meeting a Kerry starting forward line like nothing they have encountered this Championship. Plus the fresh legs & pace Kerry can call upon will worry Harte & Co.

The key to this game is how it’s refereed.

Tyrone are very disciplined in the tackle, we foul more to kill the time rather than to kill the moves, we’re very confident of shutting the opposition down with our tackling and opposition rather than fouling. I think Kerry will be much more cynical in their fouling, they’ll foul us an awful lot in the middle of the pitch when we break forward in numbers.

1 Like

is mark o;shea the lad kev was saying had issues and got his wages paid to his family rather than him?

No.
Marc is apparently the Non Alco.

I think the difference is us Mexicans are that bit smarter and have better lawyers.

Marc O Se has been rolling back the years this year after a nice pick up last year. Genuinely thought he was gone 2-3 years ago. Can O Neill had a big impact there I believe

Do you think Kerry are that naive?

I would question the validity of that team and I expect changes Sunday.