2015 All Ireland Football Championship - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

Because they had the most difficult path. It’s much easier when you only need to peak for August as the big teams from the other Provinces do, Ulster teams don’t have that luxury.

It might have been during your period of exile but our S&C expert on here claimed that a number of the Karry set-up had holidays booked directly after Cork game and were absolutely seething that it went to a replay.

informative

you’re talking through your hole here.

The first goal wasnt blocked down. Arguably, you could say it was a point effort dropped short. However, as the game went on, it was absolutely clear Kerry had a tactic of hitting high diagonal balls into Geaney and Donaghy, and both had other goal chances and they won a serious amount of ball and scores off this tactic. Particularly in the first half. Hence why to me, it was a cross field ball into Geaney that he won and scored a well taken goal off.

The second goal was coming. Kerry had Durcan in knots all game long on his kick outs. When he hit them long, he was hitting Kerry players. when he hit them short, it was over the sideline or deep in the corner backs. Kerry had him rattled, and he was getting worse. Again, it was a clear tactic. Now obviously, you dont expect him to kick it straight to Donaghy and fall on his arse like he did, but there wasnt a huge amount of luck to it, there was a clear intent on Kerry with Donegals kick outs, and it lead to a mistake by Durcan from the Kerry pressure put on him.

Dont look at an individual piece of play to know what tactics are played, you have to look at the game as a whole and see if those individual plays form a pattern, and in that game, both goals clearly did.

1 Like

The first goal was blocked down. O’Brien shoots for a point, Lacey gets a block on it and the ball hangs in the air with Geaney winning it and scoring.

The second is a monumental unforced error from Durcan, no need for discussion there.

Against Dublin last year ?

They weren’t 9/2 mate

it wasnt blocked.

he was being pressured all game.

:smirk:

It was. Lacey blocks O’Brien’s effort at a point, it is clear as day from the replays - so watch it back and then apologise.

Durcan made an unforced error that gifted Donaghy a goal. You’re arguing with cold hard facts here.

I’m arguing with the most blinkered and stubborn person in the world, that’s what I am arguing with!

Unreal. And I think its a real shot.

As much as it pains me I tend to listen to the Kerry folk around me on football matters, especially matters not involving Kerry. Quite a few now see Mayo as the big danger. There is still a coldness to them that Horan brought but they are more dynamic now and the likes of Parsons stepping up is a huge fillip, as is the younger O’ Connor. The spread of scorers is noteable as well.

In the hurling I genuinely think Galway are the best team in the country (yet to be proved and stamped I realise), if they perform they win IMHO.

cost him his place by the looks of it. Although he may still start I think

Fergal Logan finally rolls out. Jesus it was done with military precision

Canavan
McMenamin
McGuigan
Canavan
Logan

Did I miss anyone?

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=1%3A10455091%3A5777%3A20-08-2015%3A

Flynn gave him plenty of it :smile:

No, you’re arguing facts. You’re going to force me to go and compile a gif of the incident in order to clamp you in front of everyone. O’Brien takes a shot for a point, Lacey gets a block on it which takes the sting out of it and it hangs and falls for Geaney who scores a goal.

There was a huge slice of luck to it as it was inadvertent.

You are the Comical Ali of GAA predictions. I’d be worried if you were backing Tyrone.

go compile the gif where it clearly shows a block.

https://youtu.be/sGbwe1m7jkQ

2 mins 17 gives you the best view of it in the replay. O’Brien straight away has his hand up claiming a 45.

I await your apology.

oh thats clearly conclusive alright. :rollseyes:

Yes, it’s very conclusive but continue to try and cod yourself that both Kerry goals didn’t have a huge slice or fortune to them.

One was inadvertent, the other was handed to them by the opposition. You picked a fight and you lost. An apology is in order right now.

1 Like

christ almighty. I never said they had no luck. You said they only had luck. There was an element of luck in both goals, however both goals came about also from clear tactics that Kerry employed all day. fucking hell, its not always black and white you know.