2015 All Ireland Football Championship - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

Did many people other than corporates but them?

I’m guessing not. The first tranches would be expired by now anyway and the premium is empty a lot as the result it seems. Don’t think the GAA have a clear strategy themselves on Croke Park (witness Garth Brooks saga, College Football indecision etc) and are just leaving everything as is because they’re afraid of leaving the stadium empty for long periods.

On the concert side, they’d be better off picking a weekend each summer, tying themselves into a deal with a promoter and running concerts on that weekend every year and get their revenue guaranteed.

I’m sure they could fob off long-term holders with a concert ticket or a college football ticket or an opportunity to buy an extra All Ireland Final ticket or something for the price of moving Dublin v Longford away from the stadium.

So no club matches between May and August basically in that system?

It specifically says may, june and july though

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1151949, member: 2812”]SPOILER ALERT

Viral Twitter photo solving all the ills of the game.

[ATTACH=full]3051[/ATTACH]

Group B takes the obligatory Group of Death tag.[/QUOTE]

Why are Roscommon ranked above Armagh?

Here we go…

:eek:

Your fellow Ulster man has answered this already

Free State media bias mate.

And then the quarters, semis and finals

Except league. Personally as someone involved in club scene think it would be way better. It’s a proper season then.
There are several clubs in Kerry for instance already out of championship with 4-5 weeks. It’s a bit farcical.

Welcome to Dublin

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1151949, member: 2812”]SPOILER ALERT

Viral Twitter photo solving all the ills of the game.

[ATTACH=full]3051[/ATTACH]

Group B takes the obligatory Group of Death tag.[/QUOTE]
The top 4 going through is too many. Do the top 2 from each group, then you have equivalent to provincial finals and carry on from there.

You can even have the groups organised provincially to retain a provincial championship feel if that’s a stumbling block for the traditionalists. The groups might be lopsided then but you can overcome that by organising fixtures by seeding, not by group (á la the NFL).

The qualifier system should attempt to redress the imbalance of the provincials but it fails in this regard. Last year for instance you had Tyrone and Armagh meeting in round 2 of the qualifiers while ties like Sligo and Limerick were taking place in the next round.

4 mediocre teams mentioned. Doesn’t matter when they meet.

I would like to see it split accordingly:

First round qualifiers includes teams separated into two pots.

Pot A including:
7 Leinster teams
1 Connacht team

Pot B including:
5 Ulster teams
2 Munster teams
1 Connacht team

Pot A teams drawn against Pot B teams.

In round 2 you will have another 2 teams in from each province. They should find themselves segregated from playing teams from their own province as much as possible. So say the split for round 2 is:

6 Ulster
2 Connacht
5 Leinster
3 Munster

Do in that case you can put Ulster and Connacht on one side of the draw and Munster and Leinster on the other. For arguments sake we will say Round 3 will have the following composition.

4 Ulster
2 Leinster
1 Connacht
1 Munster

Again you can segregate the Ulster team from the others and draw them against each other. Then you can leave in the current from at after that.

I was lost on that proposal when I saw the word ran being used.

This Longford defeat is getting far too much coverage. Poorly prepared and not fit. Sure what did they expect?

Jack Sheedy’s post match interview focusing on Championship structure was hardly relevant. And his comment about 3 weeks not being enough to get them ready for Dublin? It’s not like it was a surprise to them or anything.

[QUOTE=“Appendage, post: 1152311, member: 11”]I was lost on that proposal when I saw the word ran being used.

This Longford defeat is getting far too much coverage. Poorly prepared and not fit. Sure what did they expect?

Jack Sheedy’s post match interview focusing on Championship structure was hardly relevant. And his comment about 3 weeks not being enough to get them ready for Dublin? It’s not like it was a surprise to them or anything.[/QUOTE]
Not sure they were poorly prepared. They simply are way off that standard.

I was at the Tipp Waterford game over the weekend and the gulf in class even between a division 3 and 4 team was frightening. I watched the waterford junior team as well and there was arguably no discernable difference between their seniors and juniors. The best player in Waterford Gary Hurney was playing with the juniors. This tells me that their training and preparation is ineffective and ill equipped to play in the All Ireland championship.

They didn’t look physically fit. Granted natural athleticism is important but surely in 2 years he’d have them to a reasonable level of fitness.

I’d wager that not only are Dublin a better team but that they’re also training way harder.