2015 All Ireland Football Championship - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

The Leinster Council Chairman John Horan was on Off The Ball a few weeks ago talking about this. He asked Colm “@myboyblue” Parkinson “and what are you going to say to all the kids who are gong to be locked out if this game was played at a provincial venue? What are you going to tell them when they can’t see their heroes playing?” :smiley:

Dublin win by 27 points
Tipperary win by 22 points
Fermanagh win by 5 points

Well that was a waste of time. Dublin forwards still taking the wrong options in front of goal. Will we ever learn. :frowning:

What a load of shite, using the wont someone please think of the kids argument. The other excuse is it gives players in weaker counties a chance to play in Croke park.

players in weaker counties should earn the chance though, and not get to play by default. as harsh and all as that may be, they would certainly appreciate it far more if they earned the chance to play there rather than be lambs to the slaughter.

Couldn’t agree more. You might get more effort from the players if they are playing in front of their own home crowd on their own ground.

Longford didn’t lack effort taz. They choose to get a new team together and look forward. They were very very young. They knew they were going to qualifiers from way back. They are physically and experience wise 6/7 years behind Dublin.

Now catching up that way won’t beat Dublin and it’s unlikely they ever will, but everything needs to be in context. You could see by te Longford lads, there was no heads in hands, no real disappointment. Just a step along the road seems to be the view.
I would say they yard the game down significantly.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1151718, member: 2514”]Dublin win by 27 points
Tipperary win by 22 points
Fermanagh win by 5 points[/QUOTE]

Fermanagh won by 8…

Was the Tipp / Waterford game played behind closed doors or something?

It was played via video link.

Skype?

The Skype.

Skype machine was in underdrive.

SPOILER ALERT

Viral Twitter photo solving all the ills of the game.

[ATTACH=full]3051[/ATTACH]

Group B takes the obligatory Group of Death tag.

Croke Park.

Limerick will walk that.

Kerry are a second seed? I don’t think so. Also, you can’t have Kerry and Dublin playing each other in group stages, they can’t meet in the championship until August. The sentence “Provincials run off in Spring”? What does that mean?
Apart from that, I wouldn’t have a problem with it, Wexford never feared Kildare.

[QUOTE=“Fitzy, post: 1151957, member: 236”]Kerry are a second seed? I don’t think so. Also, you can’t have Kerry and Dublin playing each other in group stages, they can’t meet in the championship until August. The sentence “Provincials run off in Spring”? What does that mean?
Apart from that, I wouldn’t have a problem with it, Wexford never feared Kildare.[/QUOTE]
I think it’s based on 2015 league positions, ruining left to right.

FFS I proposed this 8/9 years ago.
The issue is getting some club and CB to push it thru. My club wouldn’t propose it basically based on being embarrassed and being afraid of losing votes for officerships etc.
that’s what you are dealing with, and it ain’t changing anytime soon.
They created a special group to look at football twice now, and each time they largely ignored reccomendations or approved them but the refs go on to ignore them (black card farce).

I would say we’re 8-10 years away from a proper structured championship, at best.

I think the main reason is the term tickets they have sold for Croke Park. They can’t really reduce the number of games there because of commitments (explicit or implicit) to people who bought 10 year tickets.