2015 All Ireland Football Championship - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

Also the economy of the county has to be taken into account. You can pump money into centres of excellence or what ever but if there is nothing in the county job wise to keep the players there then it is a waste of money.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1152749, member: 273”]I’d say it’s cos people respect Sids views whereas they see you as a crank.
That’s unfortunate as you probably do make good points here and there, but they get lost with the standard ulster chip on the shoulder lark.[/QUOTE]

My views are grounded in facts and logic and I think a reversal of your viewpoint is the reality rather than a chip on my shoulder. Ulster football never gets the credit it deserves and there’s a double standard in the setting of moral standards required between Ulster counties and the rest.

[MEDIA=twitter]606113113251946496[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]606115790430040065[/MEDIA]

The Bomber vindicated. I hope he still lurks here to witness this sweet victory.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Shane Walsh injured in a car accident last night and definitely misses the Mayo game next weekend. Fears he could miss the rest of the summer.

A well known man in Galway GAA circles was killed in the accident. RIP

Kildare own the ball and kick several wides in the first eight minutes before Laois take the lead

Referee not doing Kildare much favours here. Kildare look the better side but are trailing.

Alan Smith is a brilliant player when he’s on form, great ball winner.

Kildare and Laois have drawn 0-16 apiece.

I am eagerly anticipating today’s encounter in Celtic Park. Down to win for me

Should Dublin fear either of these 2 sides when they meet?

Down will need big performances from McKernan and Mooney around the middle of the pitch to win, I believe Derry will win the midfield duel so McKernan and Mooney will be needed to weigh in here. The most interesting battle will be McKernan against Sean-Leo McGoldrick, both players are the beating heart of their teams and while I don’t think they will be marking each other, whoever has the most impact on the game will decide the match.

If Dessie Mone is the best half back in the game then McGoldrick is not far behind him.

That’s a lovely point by Bradley

Poor poor miss by Fitzpatrick

Mark Lynch having a stormer

I’m sure its been explained here before, but couldn’t be bother trawling back to find it - what criteria is used to divide counties into 1A and 1B for Qualifiers? Prior to last year, did they not just lump all 16 in the first round qualifiers in together and have an open draw?

Split each side of the provincial draws into A and B.

What’s the rationale for that? If they were going to make a change, should it not have been to avoid provincial pairings in the play offs wherever possible?