2016 Allianz National Football League

Great weekend for the gaeilgoiri. @Bandage will be seething.

Its a bit like New Zealand in rugby in the 1980’s. They were professional, the rest still amateur.

I remember now why I don’t bother much with football… A load of auld shite… Dublin are a load of gym monkeys… They bumbled their way through that, mistake after mistake but just ground Kerry down. To match them you need athletes not football players… Donaghy is a waste in the modern game, Kerry have two or three others too that offer nothing in the gym monkey era.

the referee situation is bizarre, they don’t need any assistance but get it anyway, at the end of the day all the gaa want is to boost the coffers i suppose

1 Like

A fairly apt result for the day that’s it considering it was Dublin lads did most of the fighting in the 1916 rising.

1 Like

Leicester are about to win the EPL using the Dublin model

Was the AI held today?

TG4 with their super slow motion trophy acceptance.

Well said Mossy!!

:rollseyes:
I wouldn’t be the biggest fan of the auld bogball, but this Dublin team has a load of very talented and classy footballers.

Who is your man Harte who was co-commentating?? The dye job on his eyebrows was off the charts.

Tyrone and Mayo are the only teams with the pace around the middle third to match Dublin.

Roll on Wicklow in nowlan park in June :slight_smile:

true, they are so far ahead of the rest its getting embarrassing. The difference here is that they are at an advantage which simply can’t be closed. They play all games at home, sleeping in their own beds beforehand, on a surface unlike any other in the country, receive the lions share of funding from the supposedly impartial governing body, have a pick of players that can never be matched and even after all that still get well treated by refs, and the media based wholly within the county. Tiernan McCann was vilified, Philly MacMahon did worse and had several articles and at least one tv appearance at the tax payers expense to rebuild his image.

Mickey’s son Mark

they can slow them down better than kerry can, can’t outshoot them

That maybe, I didn’t see much of it today, pal. Did they place one pass with a foot?

It’s just the way the game has gone…your man Moran for Kerry looks a tidy footballer, shame he wasnt around ten years ago.

I think Mayo and Tyrone can beat them but it will require all the things going right on the day.

Any team who wins an All Ireland without beating Dublin at this time needs to have a big asterisk put beside it.

Playing in Croke Park is a non-issue. Dublin have always done well when they had to go on the road. What I see as the biggest advantage, is they are living as professional athletes 24/7. Other teams train hard, but down time and recovery time is almost as important in between. Players in almost all counties have to work and can’t live as a professional athlete 24/7.

Tax payers ?