2016 Allianz National Hurling League

The cruciate injury hasn’t knocked a dent out of podge and his work rate which is great to see

Shanagher looks like a great prospect. Made something out of nothing a few times

Maurice went to great lengths to say how much Davy helped him in his dark days. A nice moment today for both of them. Sport can be great all the same.

3 Likes

Will be interesting to see how he goes in the 21s this year. He fierce strong for a lad of 18/19.

Hopefully the replay in next Saturday evening and not Sunday

Maurice is courting a Clare woman these dayscand spends a lot of time in South East Clare

Good on him. A good fella.

Davy looks awful heavy

Is Donal og dosing him up on some medication?

I hope you weren’t travelling in either of those two ghastly looking yokes in the foreground of the shot.

But please do keep these twee scene setting vignettes going throughout the remainder of the season.

Limerick what :joy:

I will indeed

@Fagan_ODowd i hope ye win Liam if Clare dont

In all fairness, I’m going to inter county matches for decaðes and that has to have been one of the worst I have ever seen. Improved a little bit as it went on, but a game that has that many wides just feels like the air is bring let out of the tyres all the fucking time.

I can’t remember seeing a worse shooting display than Waterford’s today, ever. We missed nine scoreable frees today. Clare missed one. I have been banging all through the league about how poor our free taking has been and how it has cost us 2-3 points a game. Today it cost us nine points. I’ve never seen anything like it. I mentioned before that Patrick Curran has a suspect free taking technique, the lift can go anywhere and under pressure today it just disintegrated. We won the league last year because Paidi Mahony didn’t miss a free in the whole league. We nearly lost the league today because we have no dependable back up.

It would have been a travesty today if we’d won and it would have been a travesty if Clare won.

In my time I think back to 2003 when we drew 1-8 to 0-11 against Limerick in the Championship. An utterly shit game. And the replay which was not televised because the fire officer wouldn’t certify the TV gantry was an absolute dinger.

Here’s hoping.

3 Likes

One man inside FFS

It was timid enough for the 1st half, in which Clare backs were excellent but the 2nd half though Waterford uped a notch . Both sides depend on points from out the field, which still won’t bt the weakest kk team in 10 years (that’s a complement to any kk posters btw for the fight they have in them and how Cody keeps it going ) Was it 12 wides for ye btw Fagan by ht?

1 Like

They were tap overs

If Waterford had a free taker ye’d have been bet by 9 points Joe

1 Like

I know bud we have work to do.

Clare are fucked Joe

12 it was by ht. 19 by ft and 23 by the end of et.

Having seen Clare against KK I thought they would overwhelm us physically. I was surprised by how well we stood up to it and it underlined how utterly shit KK were against Clare. Loughnane was right. It will be an indictment of the hurling world if KK somehow mange to win the AI this year.

1 Like

Clare still on course