2016 Allianz National Hurling League

The league starts this weekend.

Please post all previews, commentaries, insights, latest scores, results, match reviews, reaction and speculation in this thread.

Has anyone heard if there’s any team going all out to win 1B?

1 Like

Laois

Bingo.

Laois.

Given 1B is where its at, where better to start with a form guide on the participants.

“Caley” Maher doesn’t actually make any predictions under the prediction heading for each team.

Obviously he does this out of respect to their opponents. Limerick are gonna walk this, in preparation for their 2017 All Ireland win.

Wexford could take Limerick

Kerry will be sticky I expect them to beat laois

That hurts Joe.

TippSHvDub– Gleeson; Barrett,Hamill,Cahill; BrMaher,Barry,PadMaher; Breen,DQuinn; DMcCormack,PatMaher,Forde; NMcGrath,Kenny,JMcGrath

1 Like

A. Nash

S. O’Neill
C. Joyce
S. MacDonnell

D. Cahalane
W. Egan
A. Walsh

C. Murphy
L. McLoughlin

B. Lawton
P. O’Sullivan
P. Cronin

A. Cadogan
S. Harnedy
P. Horgan

All out to avoid relegation obviously.

@myboyblue how are Laois shaping up?

I fancy Kerry to give them a run. @+6 I think they are good value unless you can persuade me otherwise?

We’re quite nervous about this one. Win it and we get off to a good start with Offaly to come next week, lose it and we’re against the wall already. We had a decent Walsh Cup despite the fact that Cheddar was without about 15 from last years panel for various reasons. Hyland and Keenan are back but I’m lead to believe neither is available for Sunday. I dont think scores will be the issue anyway with the likes of Conroy, Scully, King, Picky and Cha, its the fact that he’s lost 5 of his backline from last year thats more worrying. There won’t be much in it, but I think Laois will have enough. Just about.

PJ will lead us to glory.

I hear Kerry have a hape of fucking blow ins, sickening to hear.

lack of new players is a big worry. New manager has a chance to build a bit

Obviously players just not there for now

O’sullivan centre half forward seems mad. Good to see harnedy full forward. Nash puck outs have to be better.

Young Kingston might come in later in year. Pressure will come on his dad sooner rather than later if people don’t see a change in approach and attitude from certain players.

Skehill
Coen Daithi Burke Hoban
P Mannion Lally Harte
Burke Tuohy
Brehony C Mannion N Burke
Whelan Canning Glennon

Hmmm

They have one which is below their average.