2016 Allianz National Hurling League

Did Kirwan even give a free there?

FFS sake. :laughing:

Cunningham is now regretting cutting the bars out of his guard.

Gleeson upping the gears today. Its starting to get scary what this lad is capable of.

Got a bit scrappy for a while but a very good game over all.

Waterford are getting very good in the air. Clare excellent when they get moving. I don’t think the styles are that similar at all when you break it down. When Kelly is up to speed in August i expect Clare to be a more dangerous animal.

Only 1 winner if there is an actual fight. Size difference is notable.

1 Like

Not much good when you are dispossessed you plonker.

clare need the game to be reffed strictly, theyd be eaten alive in a dogfight. more natural hurlers though by far.

1 Like

Excellent analysis.

Jamie Barron is long odds for MOTM every week, yet clearly one of the best and most influemtial players in the game right now. Money to be made there.

since when is eoin kelly making sliotars?

What Clare want is to play cork in croke park.

Colin Ryan’s first contribution :rolling_eyes:

Gleeson has dropped back to the half back line as Waterford try to see it out.

2-17 to 1-16.

Nonsense. A free and a yellow certainly.

2 Likes

No impact from the Clare bench at all yet.

Elite players have a long term view you bluffer. Its May and its league. Both these sides have great faith in their ability. And they are re-energising my interest in hurling exactly because of what they are doing.

I also have seen Waterford pull on alot more ball on the fly. I have been saying for a while now that it will come back as will over head pulling. If you coach (and have the players that suit it) your inside men to expect it i think it may cause trouble in small doses for defenders and may also by-pass sweepers and defensive systems.

I was slightly exaggerating, pal.

1 Like

Pitch in Thurles is still very patchy grass wise. Needs a break badly.

Gleeson comes up from the half back line and those that fucking ridiculous. Surely the brains thrust in Waterford can work some quick sideline cut strategy.

It’s the finest field in Ireland but it’s getting over used by the gaa.

Time to try something else in the FF-line