2016 Allianz National Hurling League

Almost as bad as Dublin trying to poach Antrim hurlers.

Sure the Duds have one of Kerry’s lads stolen.

#Moresinnedagainstthansinning

This is true, as bad as Waterford taking Meath lads, and Tipp taking Kildare lads.

Sorry for my ignorance. Where is Lehane?

Hmmmm

1 Eoin Murphy Glenmore
2 Paul Murphy Danesfort
3 Joey Holden Ballyhale Shamrocks
4 Shane Prendergast(Capt) Clara
5 Padraig Walsh Tullaroan
6 Kieran Joyce Rower Inistioge
7 Diarmuid Cody James Stephens
8 Cillian Buckley Dicksboro
9 Conor Fogarty Erins Own
10 Walter Walsh Tullogher Rosbercon
11 Richie Hogan Danesfort
12 T J Reid Ballyhale Shamrocks
13 Jonjo Farrell Thomastown
14 Colin Fennelly Ballyhale Shamrocks
15 Mark Kelly O’Loughlin Gaels

How long are KK back training?

Dunno

Was injured.

Nice to see Touhy getting a chance anyway.

Would have thought Hanbury might have been worth pursuing at 3 but Donoghue might prefer a fella with ‘more hurling’ back there.

No choice but to give Lally a chance at 6.

Nice to see Niall Burke back.

1 Like

I would have thought ronan burke at 3, and robbing peter to pay paul with daithi back there. Good to see niall back and they might as well see what brehony can do given a whole league, but I’m no fan of lally or harte or glennon for that matter. And given our patchy league form we usually have to win these home games to stay up

Daithi was superb at FB admittedly minor. Lally deserves another look at 6, would like to see P. Mannion given a shot there as well as he’s a complete hurler. It’s a solid enough team.

I’d give padraic mannion a chance at 6 ahead of lally, but then he’s our best corner back. Lally is strong in the air and fairly brave but headless with the ball, harte i think is all or nothing, but can hurl. I despair at glennon there. League games might suit him where its tame enough, he’s got enough chances in the championship and never done it. but I’m sure flynn will be straight back in there soon.

From the brief look I’ve had at Ronan Burke I don’t think be has what’s needed at 3 but I’d love to be proved wrong. I thought Hanbury had the look of a fella that would work his arse off and make no 3 his own though his naivety for against Walter Walsh in the AI final is the kind of stuff that should certainly come more naturally.

Lally will probably get a few games at 6 and see how it pans out, jury still out there. Daithi Burke to me is the kind of fella you want marking the oppositions best player. He’s such a ferocious competitor that he can have a huge effect anywhere from midfield to corner back.

1 Like

He should be left solely mark richie hogan as that’s the mountain we have to climb. Ronan looked all at sea in thurles but they had given up out the field at that stage. hanbury can actually get on the ball but he’s not near refined enough yet, he’s kinda a marked man for awkward challenges after doing callinan, some ref might well have that at the back of his mind.

1 Like

If we can get the back line right I think we have a right shot. Daithi could be dominant at 3 if we can spare him from the HB line. Have to like the forward options; Canning, Flynn, Whelan, Mannion, Burke, Cooney, Johnny come home or you might miss a medal, Donnellan, Maloney, Cummins?

1 Like

Only 4 real top drawer players left there, might be coming back to the rest of us.
And the nepotism will help

…four? Try seven at least. That team will walk the AI, even with those garbage corner-forwards.

1 Like

Since mid January.

1 Like

12 AI winning starters mate.
You’re right though, we’re fucked. Tis Limerick’s to lose.

3 Likes