2017 All Ireland final Galway v Waterford - Pretend Galway Fans spouting shit

@flattythehurdler

Great to see two minnows in the final.

1 Like

Can the admins please ban the hurling haters from this thread.

4 Likes

Ah we’ll go up for the wknd and have a good time. It’s written in the stars that this is Galways year

The first 10 minutes will be no place for the squeamish. The team that keeps their heads will win. Figuratively and literally.

True but it will be over by 20 mins imo.

God I hope not. Be nice if both of them could win, but it would be a pity if it turned out to be a damp squib.

What?

The game will be over before the ball is thrown in

It’s very good of you to say that. Do you honestly think so?

Waterford have the better individual players.

Galway are carrying less players than Waterford are.

Galway 8/15
Waterford 15/8
Draw 9/1

That’s the way PP prices the final.

I’d like to see Waterford end their famine on the basis that’s it’s been a longer famine than Galway’s.

I think Galway will win well, however.

Yeah I do think Galway have been on more of a mission this year and have lost a few finals after replays etc the last few years so I think Galway will win

On the basis that Galway don’t score many goals and Waterford don’t concede many goals, Galway will score a maximum of 0 goals in this final.

Will 0-23 be enough?

Galway have never beaten Waterford in an All-Ireland senior hurling championship game.

I’ll be supporting Waterford.

1 Like

Galway will do what they did v Wexford if needs be. Beat the defence with a strategy aiming to score close to 30 points.

How do the bookies have it?

I’d imagine Galway will be strong favourites?

That’ll all hinge on suspensions etc but you’d imagine Galway will be the bookies favourites

I’d imagine Galway would have been favourites irrespective of who won today and given Waterford were around 7/4 to beat Cork then I’d say it’s likely Galway will start out 1/2.

As a matter of interest what’s the biggest outsider to win an All Ireland final in the last 10-15 years?

Not too many shocks in hurling that time. I remember having money on Armagh in 2002 but can’t remember the odds, think it might have been 7/4 or that?

cc @GeoffreyBoycott

Tipp 2010 I’d imagine