2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Why are you talking about next year?

You should be talking about this year.

7/9 Ulster teams in Div 1+2 = 77%
3/6 Munster teams in Div 1+2 = 50%
3/6 Connacht teams in Div 1+2 = 50%
3/11 Leinster teams in Div 1+2 = 27%

Also, Ulster were the only province not to have a representative in Div 4 this year.

I was responding to a comment in relation to Derry and Fermanagh and pointed out that while these teams have had little success in Ulster, they have still managed to progress to the All Ireland last 4 since 2004. I can understand how fact based logic might piss you off as you don’t wish to know the answer it comes up with.

Because those Ulster teams were too shit to stay in division two.

1 Like

He’s talking about next year because the present performances of the teams have decided what division they will be in next year which is the best way to look at which province is doing best at the moment

1 Like

Nembo Kid would still consider Sunderland a premier league team no doubt

1 Like

No it’s not, the best way to look at this year is through this year’s lens, next year Div 2 will be far weaker and next year’s Div 3 will be much stronger.

Based on what?

ok, fact based logic.

In the last 10 years, only 2 teams in this years first round losers have made the All Ireland semi finals, one Leinster team, and one Ulster team. Strangely, both these teams ended up on the same side of the draw, I think these 2 teams should have been kept separate for their record in the last 10 years despite neither winning their provincial title. I’d even go one further and say Wexford should be afforded more leniency seeing as they have played Down twice in the championship in these last ten years and beat them comfortably on both occasions.

Let’s focus on this year’s league so like you’ve requested. This year league card reads

FINALISTS/PROMOTED
Division 1: Kerry & Dublin
Division 2: Galway & Kildare
Division 3: Tipperary & Louth
Division 4: Westmeath & Wexford

RELEGATED
Division 1: Cavan & Roscommon
Division 2: Derry & Fermanagh
Division 3: Laois & Antrim

1 Like

This year’s league card reads that 7 of the 9 Ulster teams competed in the top 2 divisions.

I competed in the same 10k race as an Olympic Champion once and I finished over 20 minutes behind him.

I must be a better runner than I thought I was.

3 Likes

Wexford shouldn’t be afforded leniency as most of Leinster is utterly shit.

Cavan, Fermanagh, Armagh, Derry and Antrim were all in with a shout of survival/promotion on the final day of the league.

If you were still in pace with Olympic Champion until the final 500m then your analogy might be valid.

What is your rationale for thinking next year’s division 2 will be far weaker and division 3 far stronger mate?

There’s only seven games mate, you’d want to be pretty shit to not have a chance of survival on the last day

They didn’t compete very well - 4 were relegated and the other 5 couldn’t make a divisional final.

You still haven’t addressed the question I asked you. How do you explain such an awful performance by Ulster sides in the most recent qualifiers? Down (8) and Monaghan (6) both losing at home to a county two divisions below it - Longford (20). Derry (14) losing to Tipperary (22). Limerick relegated to Division 4 going up to Belfast and beating Antrim in Casement Park. Armagh losing twice to the worst Laois team in loving memory. Ulster the only one of the four provinces who failed to provide a semi finalist.

Fermanagh, Derry, Armagh > Louth, Tipp, Clare

you dont like facts up ya!

Last year was a bad year mate but it was an anomaly.

The likes of Tipp and Clare had fluke results they will never have again, normal order will be resumed this year like it was in 2013, 2014 and 2015 where Ulster had the highest proportion of All Ireland quarter finals despite the unfair draw that disadvantages Ulster sides.

You didn’t report any facts.