2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

You didnā€™t report any facts.

Tipp have beaten both Derry and Armagh in Ulster in the last year. Clare got further than any of the rest of those teams last year as well

Armagh have also beaten Tipp.

Since 2007, only 2 of this years first round qualifiers have got to the semi finals, one Leinster team and one Ulster team
Since 2007, these 2 teams have played twice, and the Leinster team has won both.

When?

Armagh beat Tipp in Div 3 two years ago.

Wexford were in an All Ireland semi final in 2008. Thatā€™s four years on from the 2004 All Irleand semi final appearance for Derry and Fermanagh that you keep referencing.

:smile:

So not in the last year then? Thanks for clearing that up

@Julio_Geordio referenced Derry and Fermanagh - I only responded in kind.

Finally a concession from @Nembo_Kid that Ulster sides had a dismal 2016 championship. I suppose he could only defend the indefensible for so long.

It was an anomaly, Geoff - it canā€™t always be summer.

What fluke results did Tipp and Clare have?

Tipp beating Galway was a fluke result.

Clare being handed a very soft route to an All Ireland semi final where they only had to beat Sligo, Laois and Roscommon.

Diarmuid Connolly banned for 12 weeks.

What a farce, itā€™s no wonder the GGA is struggling so badly in many counties when this is how they treat their star players.

How is winning a game by 9 points a fluke?

Because it was a freak result.

They got Galway at a good time and Iā€™d expect if they were to meet this year, Galway would win comfortably.

I donā€™t see how. Quinlivan and Sweeney were just way too powerful for the men they were marking and got good ball in, nothing fluky about it

1 Like

Limerick have a 100% winning record in All Ireland Football finals.

3 Likes