2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Anybody can rate teams. Everybody does it.

I’m doing it by stating Tyrone are a serious threat to beat Dublin.

What we have on this thread is a group of people who are looking for any excuse they can find to rationalise a hole they’ve continually dug for themselves where they have consistently stated that Tyrone are not a threat.

The mental gymnastics these people are going to to try and justify this is very entertaining.

That contradicts your last post.

Make your mind up, togshitter.

Who thinks Dublin will win easily? I’m putting money on Tyrone to win the all ireland @ 9/2

It doesn’t. That British education you got has failed you pal, you can’t read properly.

But they have.

That’s a fact.

You’ll be trying to claim tomorrow is Saturday next.

Not in the slightest - I’m just joining in with the stupidness being displayed here - We all know it’s my level and I won’t have anyone out-shine me.

1 Like

Flawless logic.

1 Like

But you’re forgetting the four point head start Dublin will have due to their four All-Irelands this decade.

They haven’t. 3 SAMs and 4 league titles versus zero of either is not competing.

Do you not make any allowance fofmr a winning or losing mentality Sid? Are Mayo on a level playing field with dublin on that front as ball is thrown in? Absolutely no hangover from previous failure?

The @Nembo_Kid double standards are amusing. When it comes to the EPL, first is the only success and everything else is failure. Every team bar winners Chelsea were written off a failure in last seasons EPL. When it comes to Ulster football, he celebrates weight of number in the last 12 as some kind of success and takes issue with posters who chronicle Tyrone’s catalogue of failures this decade.

1 Like

@Matty_Hislop

He thinks Tyrone are a laughing stock.

@caoimhaoin thinks Tyrone haven’t a hope, he also thinks Monaghan and Donegal are better teams and they were comprehensively dismissed from Championship this year.

He is kind of tied in with what he said about Tyrone back in Spring 2015:

It can apply to certain traditionally mentally weak counties such as Mayo, or Limerick or Galway in hurling.

But it’s only a factor if a team lets it be.

It doesn’t apply to the top Ulster teams due to their superior mental attitude. In fact it’s the top southern teams who have traditionally had a problem of mindset when playing Ulster counties.

I’ve been quite impressed with what I have seen of Tyrone in this year’s championship, albeit with the caveat that the opposition so far hasn’t been great. The same applies to Kerry, Dublin and Mayo as well though. I wouldn’t discount the possibility of Tyrone kicking on as like all sporting empire’s Dublin will eventually be toppled. The one thing that struck me watching Tyrone amass 1-11 in losing to Kerry in 2015 and 0-12 in losing to Mayo in 2016 was a lack of composure and out and out quality in the forward line. The major reservation I have about Tyrone is in that regard. 1-9 they’re as strong as the remaining three.

1 Like

Clear as mud chief :+1:

Dublin have conceded 10 goals in 5 All-Ireland semi-finals under Jim Gavin, and at least one in each game.

Tyrone haven’t conceded a goal at Croke Park in the championship in their last seven games there.

The first thing you have to do to stop Dublin is to stop them scoring goals.

That doesn’t mean you’ll win, as Kerry have found out in their last two championship matches against Dublin, but if you do that, you give yourself a real chance.

And Dublin can be outscored. Mayo have hit a higher number of overall scores than Dublin in four of their last six championship matches against them.

So, all-Ireland form does count now Sid?

Matty Hislop is scared a laughing stock might beat his side.

No, it doesn’t, because it’s analysis.

Analysis doesn’t count on the scoreboard.

Tyrone don’t start off with a goal head start because Dublin have conceded at least one goal in every All-Ireland semi-final since Jim Gavin took over as manager.

You keep saying I’m scared, over and over and over again. :joy: