2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The lady (you) doth protest too much.

I’m not backtracking in the least.

I’m standing steadfastly to the original point I made, because it’s correct.

You referenced it yourself there a few minutes ago. Jim Gavin teams have handed out two beatings to Tyrone.

Previous all-Ireland form counts for nothing but form in random games in the national league does count. Sidney logic.

1 Like

You’re the one who keeps going on about it.

:rofl:

“Shipping a beating” means being on the wrong end of a comprehensive beating.

The best Dublin have managed is two one point wins.

Contrary to what you state, Tyrone beat Dublin at Croke Park in 2013 and have drawn their last two fixtures against Dublin there.

Tyrone are a considerably better team than they were in 2013 and 2014 and they cause Dublin serious problems then.

That’s you, pal.

Did brolly mutter “fuck off” to Spillane there now .

1 Like

I find it amusing how people think Dublin will beat Tyrone so easily.

Dublin have played 13 All-Ireland semi-final and final fixtures this decade.

Precisely none of them were easy victories.

I guess @GeoffreyBoycott isn’t going to answer the following questions for me:

How many times have Mayo beaten Kerry under Fitzmaurice in Championship football?

How many times have Mayo beaten Dublin under Gavin in Championship football?

I’ve already asked the questions twice and he’s been very unforthcoming.

Mmmmm so your ‘point’ is the mathematical fact as opposed to a sporting analysis @Sidney? Past performance is an excellent indicator. Just ask a bookies. Or Mayo fellas whose ability to bottle big games is legendary. Or a dublin player who won’t shit the pot because he has the experience of winning 4/6 all Irelands.

Yeah but the score starts at 0, mate… I’m sure the bookies put that into their calculations, like.

You’re changing the narrative now.

I don’t recall anyone saying Dublin will win easy.

We are merely taking apart Nembo and yourself’s ludicrous assertion that Tyrone are some sort of footballing juggernaut and that they have competed evenly with Dublin over the last 5 years.

Figure it out yourself. I had steered you towards my earlier post chronicling Mayo’s championship record since 2012 and gave you the additional hint that Gavin and Fitzmaurice both took over for the 2013 campaign.

You said Tyrone are a laughing stock.

You’re changing the narrative now.

You’re refusing to answer questions that contradict your argument.

That’s spineless.

Do you have a point mate?

They are.

In all of Dublin’s and Tyrone’s matches over the last 5 years, the score has started at 0 in each game - Therefore, Tyrone have competed evenly with Dublin over the last 5 years.

cc @Juhniallio