2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooft!!!

Dublin & Wexford.

Wexford championship game? Was very ordinary in that to be honest. Made one great run for a goal chance, but other than that, wouldnt have picked him out. And should have been sent off, made a number of yellow card tackles, particularly the way the ref was dishing out cards for tackles that day. I didnt see him in the Dublin game, but on highlights of it, he seemed to have been far more effective and influential in that one.

1 Like

I’d say McKernan.

What a footballer.

Ya Brendan was the main man that day. I went to it, i had a client playing. Who as it happens talks very highly of Murphy. Must ask him about hurling, do you know is it same lad?

As far as I know it is yeah, Fenagh is the football club and Ballinkillen is the hurling club. Decent hurler by all accounts too.

Paddy Power offering 15/8 that Connolly’s ban will stand, as is, with no dismissal or reduction. GAA disciplinary proceedings are a joke shop

So a win over a Div 4 team and a 12 point loss.

Yes.

Very good hurler, saw him with Carlow IT and remember the “if he was with another county” conversation.

When. Show me.

You asked me when i saw him. Surely performing against possibly the greatest team ever is a positive for the lad.

Have you ever seen him?

Scored in the AI semi final v Kerry in 2015.

It’s one game, where his side lost by 12 points. Do you make judgements off the back of one game?

Sometimes. You can see ability in people yes. Is it the complete opinion. No.

Do you make judgements based off 1 piece of play?
Plus, Cavanagh scoring a point means f all in the general discussion about midfielders or that he is an extra sweeper. Sweepers score too you know.

That match was never in the melting pot by the way. Kerry cruised home

You said he just sits at centre half back. Incorrect he does a savage amount of work and is easily one of the most important players in one of the top teams in the country. The fact he also contributes on the scoreboard corrects your incorrect summation of him.

Sean Murphy has done very little of note to date and you seem to be basing everything on one game where his team lost by 12.

I know little about him as you do. It’s hilarious some unheard of guy is now one of the best midfielders in the country because you saw him once in a game his team were well beaten by.

It was level with 5 minutes to go and Tyrone missed numerous goal chances where Kerry had none.

Alan Brogan puts the boot into Dermo today

ALAN BROGAN BELIEVES Diarmuid Connolly’s likely appeal process will have a negative affect on the Dublin camp as they bid to win a third All-Ireland title in-a-row.
Connolly was hit with a proposed 12-week ban by the GAA’s Central Competitions Control Committee yesterday after his brush with linesman Ciarán Branagan in Portlaoise on Saturday night.
The ban would rule him out until a potential All-Ireland semi-final if it’s upheld, but Connolly is expected to launch an appeal to have the suspension reduced.
“Obviously (it’s) disappointing to wake up this morning and hear he’s facing into a 12-week ban,” said Brogan.
“It’s definitely not ideal and it’s hard for something like that not to affect the group when that’s going on in the background.
“Diarmuid has been involved in that before so he probably knows better than anyone how that process takes its course. It’s not ideal and it is a regrettable incident Dublin could certainly do without.”
“He’s old enough and wise enough to know you just shouldn’t get involved in incidents like that.”

There have been several high-profile suspension cases for the GAA so far in 2017, with Wexford manager Davy Fitzgerald, Antrim forward Matthew Fitzpatrick, Armagh boss Kieran McGeeney and Tipperary goalkeeper Evan Comerford all in the headlines in recent times.

Ah this is brilliant. If you’re level at full time, bringing it to a replay that you lose it doesn’t count.

However if you are level with five minutes to going and lose by three points it does.

Absolutely hilarious.

8 Likes

If the game is level with a few minutes to go then the game is in the melting pot.

If you lose a game by 16 points it’s not in the melting pot.

Do you understand?