2017 Ulster Senior Football Championships kindly sponsored by Cicero_Dandi

Armagh down to 14.

We trail by 9 points. Iā€™m fearing the worst.

Armagh win

3-10 to 0-13

Poor enough showing from the top eight side.

Lee McLoone has dropped off the Donegal panel.

Is there a rift there between himself and Gallagher?

Dropped off at the start of 2015 and has barely featured since rejoining the panel.

Yeah. Apparently he doesnā€™t see eye to eye with the Kilcar contingent and Gallagher.

McNiallas now as well. Heā€™s a much bigger loss. One of the few players that could thread a ball through a blanket defence or render it irrelevant by scoring from outside it.

Iā€™ll be surprised if Gallagher is still in situ this time next year.

@Nembo_Kid

On the drive back from Wicklow, I was listening to Sunday Sport and Martin McHugh said he feared for Ulster football. He referenced the lack of competition for Tyrone and said he can see a similar situation to Leinster in the not too distant future.

Would you be as pessimistic?

Knee jerk from McHugh.

We had a series of very uncompetitive quarter finals last year but the semi-finals both went to replays and the final was a cliffhanger.

Derry donā€™t look good at the minute but they have a lot of withdrawals. The team that played Clare today was full of novices, even with the withdrawals today they should have a lot of players to come back in - Heavron, McFaul, Oā€™Boyle and the Slaughtneil contingent and possibly a few others could be coaxed back in.

Armagh are rebuilding as well and should be improved on from last year. I fancy them to make the Ulster final this year, they should negotiate Down fairly handy in the quarters and I donā€™t think any of Cavan/Monaghan/Fermanagh will cause them that much fear. They have a good few players available this year that did not make themselves and could have Dyas back from injury later on in the year, lots of youth on the panel at the minute too.

Fermanagh are a well drilled outfit and are again capable of beating any side on the day in Ulster.

Donegal and Monaghan may not be AI contenders but they are the 5th and 6th best sides in the country respectively.

Down are an absolute joke and will be in DIv 4 in 2019, Antrim around the same level.

Some nice nostalgia here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9z9Z8kGwE

:joy:

Really looking forward to this yearā€™s Championship.

Tyrone, Donegal and Monaghan occupying 3 of the top 4 places in the league. Cavan handling themselves fairly well also.

Down have began to show a bit of grit, Fermanagh will make things tough for any side and Armagh look like theyā€™re beginning to develop some serious scoring power and have more big players to come back.

Derry are struggling badly at the minute but have a good few big players to return for Championship like the McKaigues, Rogers, McGuigan, Heavron, McFaul and Lynch.

Antrim doing well in Div 3 as well.

1 Like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=POjoW6T9UX0

Whet the appetite . Houly .

Top player

1 Like

Great hair

I canā€™t see Tyrone leaving McCarron on the bench at the start.

No word on the Donegal team yet.

Rumours abound that Papa is back/on the way back from Qatar. No idea when heā€™s back and where heā€™s settling but if wouldnā€™t take long for him to displace the bomb scare that is McGinley in the goal.

Is this the weekend that the Ulster championship starts?

1 Like

Two weekends ago with the cracker at the Athletic Grounds followed by an equally enthralling game in Cavan last Sunday.

It started back in May. Itā€™s only getting good now though.

I was just wondering because Nembo said about 3 or 4 games in that it hadnā€™t started yet.