2017 Ulster Senior Football Championships kindly sponsored by Cicero_Dandi

I clarified that mate. As I said it started two weeks ago. Did you not understand? I made myself very clear and was proven perfectly correct.

Sorry I didn’t realise that anyone actually takes him seriously anymore.

He changes his mind so he can claim that it was ultra competitive. It started with Monaghan beating Fermanagh by nine points and Donegal beating Antrim by 16 points back in May.

If we all discounted the non-competitive games in all the provincial championships over the years they’d all look great.

Munster is insanely competitive this year. All Ireland quarter finalists & all Ireland semi finalists dumped out all ready.
Very unfair on the Munster teams, when the big teams in Ulster get to batter cannon fodder. I mean there wasn’t even an all Ireland semi finalist from Ulster last year, nevermind one knocked out in first round!!!

2 Likes

I called the three games as dead rubbers before hand. It’s nothing new that Antrim and Fermanagh take the odd hockeying in Ulster. Half of Derry’s player just decided not commit either this year which didn’t help. Apart from that the other 6 counties will be very close to each other.

That happens almost every year.

Sure you could say the same with Munster, Leinster from 1995 to 2005 and Connacht.

The problem is Kerry batter every team in Munster. Dublin batter every team in Leinster. Connacht has became more competitive now but Ulster remains the only province where 5 or 6 teams have a chance every year.

Incorrect. Only Donegal, Tyrone and Monaghan have a chance to win Ulster.

Incorrect. All those sides have had big scares from other sides in the past few years. Irrespective, it’s three times the amount of teams who are genuine contenders in Leinster or Munster. Just watch the handicap markets for the Leinster and Munster finals this year.

And none of them have a chance of winning the All Ireland

When was the last time a Connacht side won an All Ireland mate? I believe only one team from Connacht has won all Ireland in the past 60+ years.

Scares count for nothing, even more so when you were the one claiming that Cavan drawing with Tyrone was negated by a hammering the next day out.

The bottom line is that Only Donegal, Monaghan or Tyrone have won an Ulster final in the last the last eight years. The last time a team from outside that set of three even competing in an Ulster Championship final was 2012 and there hasn’t been an Ulster final that didn’t feature Donegal since 2010.

Added to that there’s no sign of this coming to an end any time soon.

I never claimed that, m8. You’re saying I did.

Galway in 2001 mate.

Don’t be so tetchy as I’m not having a pop. It’s cyclical. Ulster will come again and it won’t too long either but they are just going through a period where they have no All Ireland contenders.

That doesn’t mean their own battle for the Anglo Celt won’t be gripping.

3 Likes

The audit trail doesn’t lie mate.

2 Likes

As I said I never claimed Cavan scared Tyrone mate.

There are more All Ireland contenders in Ulster currently than Connacht.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one mate. In my opinion there is only one between the two provinces unfortunately

Are you denying that you claimed the draw was cancelled out by the hammering the next day?

Unless I’m mistaken in the other five years there were three only three games decided by less than five points:

2012: No scares for the big three
2013: Monaghan only beat Cavan by a point
2014: No scares. Tyrone hammered Down, as Monaghan did Armagh, in a replay making the drawn game irrelevant.
2015: Monaghan only beat Cavan by a point, Donegal beat Derry by two points - never looking in serious danger.
2016: Tyrone hammered Cavan in a replay making the drawn game irrelevant

I’m denying saying Cavan gave Tyrone a scare last year as I’ve clearly stated for you before. Are you having issues understanding that?

No dude. I clearly said that scares count for nothing and pointed out that the draw between Cavan and Tyrone could not be included by your own standards.

What are the scares involving Tyrone, Donegal and Monaghan since 2012 that you were referring to in that case? I’m sure I must have taken them into account already here.