2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Galway dominant in 2nd half so the win would be deserved but very lucky Rossies didn’t bring their shooting boots today

1 Like

Or their brains

It was still level as he dropped that ball when free in behind the Galway defence.

@carryharry

Is there another goal in Roscommon?

Insurance point from Burke

It’s all over, mate.

The Double is still on.

Dessie “ Shane has a sixth gear “ :rollseyes:

Just a shame it has to be under this shit style. It’ll taint it.

Fair play to Paddy Tally, another major honour for him.

1 Like

People can say what they want about Galway. The fact is they’ve won this game with a dominant second half performance after being in a very tricky position at half-time, and conceded a total of 8 scores in the game.

That’s actually pretty impressive, and they have learned a lot - they’ve learned how to win.

2 Likes

Credit to Galway for finding a way despite the straitjacket, but Roscommon fucked that away.

I don’t think Galway ever looked like losing. They went in at ht 3 down but hadn’t even got out of 2nd gear.

I think they had their tactics spot on to be fair. They set up as expected and changed to what was expected.

If Walsh let this team play football they would get serious scores up on the score board and would beat a lot of teams but Walsh is very worried about conceding.

It’s a shite style but it’s affective
mom performance from Shane today. He’s a different gravey when on form.

Good result today.job done ,medal in the back pocket and first team in the super 8

4 Likes

Have you any jokes about O’Reilly getting battered and hospitalised?

I know you usually find this sort of stuff amusing.

1 Like

I own you bro.

He held Tomas Mannion scoreless that day .

2 Likes

Really faldo? You have more faith than me. I thought we were in real trouble at halftime and were forced to throw the shackles off in the second half rather than following any sort of gameplan. I think it wasn’t just a case of not getting out of second gear in the first half. We played with no intensity and even with numbers back the tackling was non existant.

The second half was a joy to watch and all the subs made telling contributions. You would have to wonder about not starting Duggan and kerin. I’m not sure we have the right balance in the halfback line yet and walsh needs to figure out if Kelly and Heaney are halfbacks or half forwards. Shane Walsh was a joy to watch and really came of age today in the maroon jersey. Himself and Ian Burke are on the same wavelength and could do serious damage if they’re left near the goals.

All in all we I think we’re going in the right direction if we could get a better balance between all out defence and attack. Two Connacht titles in three years going the tough route both times is good going and any day you beat those buck lepping rossie cunts in their own back yard is especially satisfying.

Gaillimh Abu

9 Likes

GAA members have signed a petition in support of the people of Palestine amid controversy over attempts to stop flags being flown at grounds.

All-Ireland winners Peter Canavan and Oisin McConville are among dozens of current and former county players to have added their names to the initiative by a group called ‘Concerned Gaels’.

It is expected that a copy of the petition, which calls for support for the Palestinian people and their demands for human rights, will be handed to the Ulster Council in Armagh today.

Organisers say county players to have signed it include Armagh’s Brendan Donaghy and Gavin McParland and Tyrone’s Padraig McNulty, with former players including Tyrone’s Paudge Quinn.

It is understood it has also received the backing of Tyrone manager Mickey Harte.

The petition comes after Ulster Council officials ordered the removal of two Palestinian flags during a championship game at Healy Park in Omagh last month, although it is believed an attempt to remove them was unsuccessful.

The council has said the only flags allowed in grounds are the official GAA flag, national flag and team colours.

Earlier this month, a match between Tyrone and Meath in Navan - not under the auspices of Ulster GAA - saw a Tyrone fan holding a Palestinian flag arrested by gardaĂ­ following an exchange with officers. The Dungannon man was later given an adult caution and released.

A prominent Palestinian campaigner, John Hurson, also revealed that he was told he would no longer needed as Tyrone’s match day social media officer on the morning of the Meath game.

An honorary Palestinian citizen, he had voiced his criticism of the attempt to remove flags at Healy Park and believes the decision to drop him was linked to his comments.

Mr Hurson is known throughout Ireland for his work with the ‘Tyrone to Gaza’ group and managed the official Tyrone social media feeds voluntarily since 2011.

The petition states: “We, the undersigned members of Cumann LĂșthchleas Gael, abhor the ongoing genocide in Palestine and call on all right thinking people to continue to stand in solidarity with the Palestinian people and support their demands for basic human rights.

“We also call on Comhairle Uladh CLG to guarantee that the appalling scenes in Páirc Tailteann, Navan, are never repeated at any GAA ground in the province of Ulster."

Organisers say the petition received more than 1,200 signatures in a week after every club in Ulster was contacted by email.

It is understood copies have also been distributed at both club and county training sessions across the province.

A spokeswoman for Concerned Gaels said the incident in Navan was “the final straw”.

“It seems to be Ulster who are driving this,” she said.

“Officials from the Ulster Council need to fully explain the thinking behind this.”

The Ulster Council did not respond to requests for comment yesterday.

The petition organisers have set up a Facebook page and website for anyone who wants to add their names.

Signed.