2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

There is, actually. The CCCC has the final say on fixtures and venues. Kildare may have been screwed but they’ve been screwed legally.

I disagree. Cavan and Kildare would have huge support if they got to the Super 8. Cavan is a mad football county and Kildare people really get behind their team if they throw a few shapes at all. The idea that Croke Park are trying to fix the teams that reach the super 8 to make a few extra quid is not credible

1 Like

exactly
as were KK against Tipp in 2013 maybe
the gah are in circles here

• health and safety is only an issue if you do pay at gate, make it an 8k capacity and all ticket
  • the irish derby in the curragh now been cited as an excuse,

they need to man up and come out and say it that it is purely for financial grounds

1 Like

Dublin arent turning up in huge numbers for leinster anymore, mayo always do so the gga are gonna milk them. As for dublin fans giving out about kildare getting handouts…

1 Like

did they fold or are they playing hardball also?

The GPA have issued a statement supporting Kildare.

https://www.gaelicplayers.com/WhatsHappening/LatestNews/TabId/86/ArtMID/421/ArticleID/593/GPA-calls-on-GAA-to-host-Round-3-Qualifier-in-Conleth’s-Park-Newbridge.aspx

Kildare are not entitled to a home game. The home venues are subject to approval by the CCC. Thee CCC have not approved Newbridge. Simples

1 Like

The Kildare crowd are some shower of whingers.

If they hadn’t squandered the lavish handouts given them by the GGA they might have been able to host this game.

Sky sports ratings are abysmal for this and you can’t blame them for wanting to cut down on expenses by having a double header in Croke Park.

1 Like

I was listening to the radio this morning,“the first team out will be at home unless it’s leitrim or armagh”.Kildare were first out.Simple.

1 Like

Nonsense.

Accommodating numbers and accommodating televising I believe, but to suggest it’s money reasons or to stack odds in favour of Mayo is nonsense.

There was 11000 watching Mayo in Thurles on Saturday. There was 410000 watching Dublin in Croke Park on Sunday.

3 Likes

One was a Leinster final the other was a qualifier against a hurling county.

Fuck accommodating numbers and tv,if I’m kildare I want to give my team the best chance of winning and that’s by playing on my home pitch no matter how big a dump it is.

3 Likes

That would be Fergal McGill, GAA Director of Games Administration. Somewhat inevitable I’d have thought.

2 Likes

Just cos rte say something doesn’t make it true pal. The CCC are the law here not Des fucking Cahill.

11 k from a county of 130k travelling a huge distance.

41k from county of 1.3 million with no travel and a good laois crowd.

Ooooooooft

1 Like

ah yer man is taking the piss there
since when do croke park worry about “accommodating numbers”
this is a financial based decision

4 Likes

Des wasn’t on mate.Im sure headquarters gave the the rules before the draw was made,and there was a lad from the gaa there.

True.

There’s nearly as many Mayo people as Dubs living in Dublin.

1 Like