2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The draw was predetermined :smiley:

London senior football manager Ciaran Deely says his team will be happy to have avoided the likes of Mayo and Galway in next year’s Connacht championship opener.

The Exiles were drawn at home to Sligo at the provincial quarter-final stage and Deely, who will move into his third season in charge in 2018, is hopeful that his team will have a couple of wins under their belts in the National League in the build-up to the Yeats men’s visit.

“We were glad to avoid Mayo or Galway and even Roscommon who had an excellent championship,” Deely told The Irish Post.

“Sligo are a good side and it will be a difficult challenge but playing at home is a great boost for us and hopefully we’ll have a big crowd out that day and for all our league matches.

“Our priority now is to have a good league campaign.”

He added: “We have unfinished business this year after leaving some games behind us last season. The missing ingredient is to start winning more games. The team has become competitive and consistent in their performances but the next step now is to pick up some wins."

Now we might be in trouble.

Probably not the right thread but…

Dublin dominate as Pat Spillane names his top 30 players in Gaelic football

PĂĄraic Duffy launches staunch defence of Dublin and their fans and rubbishes suggestions county should be split in two

1 Like

Nail on the head stuff there from Paraic. The bitter Muldoons on here will be seething.

1 Like

Paraic is right. They just need the funding from the GAA cut off entirely.

Impressed with the style Donegal are developing. They are in much better shape than last 2 years where they may well have been over trained. They have alot of size and pace.

Kerry still very good upfront and while they are still open at the back they have discovered some better defenders and with pace.

Only 1 league game but both teams look like they will be very competitive this year.

Donegal good bet for Ulster considering Tyrone are going backwards

A great game of football

Last year’s league would have delivered a similar narrative.

Tyrone will rightly start as strong favourites for Ulster.

They are shit.

Good bunch of footballers ruined by an out of depth manager

Harsh. Extremely harsh in fact

I believe you were making big claims about Donegal and Monaghan being ahead of Tyrone last year on the basis of the league.

They turned out to be wrong.

The league is the league, best not to read too much into it.

I’m reading into years of poor management and under achievement.

I said nothing about Tyrone and the league. If anything their recent early season form has been just as much a poor barometer as anyone elses

On who?

Your reading seems to be wide of the mark given your claims before last year’s Ulster Championship. You were bigging Donegal and Monaghan up last year for Ulster when Tyrone strolled to the easiest Ulster Championship triumph I can ever call.

Tyrone will rightly go in as strong favourites for Ulster this year.

What early season form is that by the way? 1 game played in terrible conditions where they were down to 14 men for the majority of the game?

Listen fella, nobody gives a shit about Ulater.

Tyrone are shit. Ruined by the ego of Harte.

They have some ability Quite a bit in fact. But it’s wasted.

Early season form in recent years

Yes.

You told us that last year when you told us Donegal and Monaghan were far ahead of him.

I wouldn’t give your views the time of day, it’s way off the mark.

On Tyrone.

You said they are shit. They are not shit.

Then you have nothing to base your assertion that Tyrone are going backwards on.

You’ve contradicted yourself.

Am how did they go in all ireland semi?

:laughing: