Thorbjorn Olesen

Captainā€™s picks:
Paul Casey
Sergio Garcia
Ian Poulter
Henrik Stenson

Had to go with experience with 5 rookies in the 8 that qualified

Fuck sake. Not one Irishman

This Bjorn chap is a slimy character. A Playersā€™ Committee man for many years and a sly bollox. Picking two little Englanders as wild cards has wound me up something rotten. I canā€™t believe he eschewed the opportunity to select Thomas Pieters. The Americans will slaughter them.

3 Likes

They should but donā€™t the Americans see this tournament as a good chance to change their set of golf clubs ??

100% agree with you here.sergio poults (i donā€™t care if he lives for this) and Casey are just not good enough.Stenson still hasnā€™t fully recovered from an elbow inj either.

This could be a massacre Captain Bjorns only hope is to tighten the fairways to fuck at the 300 yard plus mark let the rough growšŸ˜‚

1 Like

Paul Casey is ranked 16 in the world. Heā€™s the 7th highest ranked player of the 12 for Team Europe. Four of the Team USA players will be lower in the world rankings than Casey.

Casey even by golf standards is a total wanker. No sign of Andy ā€œsullyā€ Sullivan thank god.

1 Like

He is not playing weā€¦Petiers is playing better

Just looking at the rankings there, thereā€™s 13 European players ranked in the World Top 40 and 12 are on Team Europe. World Ranked 33, Rafa Cabrera Bello, the 10th highest ranked is the odd man out there. Thomas Pieters is the 19th highest ranked European in the world rankings currenlty at 63. He finished 2017 ranked 36, but has slid down the rankings to 63. I donā€™t follow golf outside of the Open, the Masters and the Ryder Cup but doesnā€™t sound based on that that Thomas Pieters is playing particularly well. He finished joint 34th, ten shots behind the winner in the most recent European tour event in Denmark last Sunday.

Selecting the world number 16 ahead of the freefalling world number 63 seems like a good selection.

You can through all the stats you like at me but Sergio missed every cut in every major this year and is flaky as fuck.Casy isnā€™t too far behind him flaky alsoā€¦his last 5 rounds off golf have been terribleā€¦l

I wouldnā€™t consider Casey a bad pick tbf, his Ryder Cup record is good. Shur didnā€™t Luke Donald turn it on big time at Medina when his tour form was far from exceptional.

Bjorn had to pick some older heads tbf, Hatton would be a worry for me.

Fair enoughā€¦but Iā€™ll be shocked if the cunt picks up anything

Donā€™t think Coach Bjorn can bring us to victory

Whatā€™s a fair line on his points total? I think heā€™ll beat 2.0

I honestly donā€™t think soā€¦but he would be expected too

Tony Finau gets the nod over Xander Schauffle for the final wildcard place on Team USA.

Good call by Coach Furyk .

We are going to stuff these Commie , , cheese munching cocksuckers who freeload off NATO .

2 Likes