2019/2020 UEFA Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

Or the bus leaves

A paltry league title is a dreadful return for supposedly the greatest club side in the history of the game.

#MentalityMonsters

Why wasn’t Allison / Alisson / Allisson playing tonight? I was watching the game on my iPad with the sound turned down.

injured…be out for a few weeks.

I’d like to congratulate the Atleti Woof! supporters here. As Wexford supporters used to always say to Kilkenny supporters sitting beside them in the stand after Leinster final defeats, “go on and win it now”*.

*In the unlikely event the competition goes any further.

1 Like

Henderson a classless cunt

8 Likes

Liverpool fans spitting mouthfuls of Corona at all the Mancs in the Ratoath Inn

2 Likes

Mentality Mice 2 Atleti Woof 3

3 Likes

They’ll all have to rally behind their hero Slippy Stevie and his beloved Rangers side now.

KOP = King over Pope.

5 Likes

Great to see football triumph over murder

2 Likes

Jackie Cahill is absolutely seething on twitter :joy:

6 Likes

that was an absolutely brilliant old school European Cup tie and the right team won as they played proper old school cynical Catenaccio cc @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy that is suited to such an occasion.
Liverpool tried brilliantly but they lacked the guile that these old dogs have. Simeone is some manager - Giminez, Vrslajko, Savic didnt blink under that barrage - he has that unit drilled impeccably well and Morate and Llorente were clinical- proper nasty celebrations at the end also.
Simeome and Costa are classic anti heroes that this sanitised world of bullshit needs

im sorry to say that the European Cup is probably done for this year as society has decided it cant handle us and our kids getting a bad cold for a day or two, but that was a worthy way to go

3 Likes

A great finale to this year’s competition. I think we should declare Atleti Woof! the rightful champions.

No better way to win it than by going to the home of the defending champions and beating them in extra-time with an epic comeback.

Cholo finally has his hands on Old Big Ears.

i applauded your point btw about the importance and beauty of the away goals rule on 70 mins or so despite no away goals been scored, up to that point

Cholo is a less successful Jose Mourinho

no doubt in terms of tophies but he grabbed some lemonade stand organisation by the balls a few years back - won a la liga and got them to a pair of european cup finals, loosing one on spotters the other in ET.
He clearly instills an amazing belief and a system in a side - his men go to war for him

1 Like

Ah it’s a brilliant rule and drove the drama of the tie right from the start.

It’s not just second legs that are regularly enhanced by it, first legs are much more watchable because of it too. Liverpool were always going to be on a sticky wicket without the away goal in the first leg.

I think the away goals rule gives underdogs a better chance of pullling off an upset, especially by getting the home leg first and winning it to nil, which gives you a chance to nick a goal in the away leg and really turn the tie to your advantage.

Simeone made an utter show of himself a few years ago celebrating a Europa league like a demented baboon .

The away goal rule is great .

1 Like

They play with courage. There’s nothing that should be applauded more than a side who play with true grit, I’m not talking about the agricultural hoofer type performance but the kind of mental fortitude that Atleti played with last night.

Thought the boy Felipe has a colossal game at the back too.

What makes Atleti fantastic to watch is they are willing to suffer more than the other team, everyone knows Liverpool will outrun you, it’s what they do - they’re like a pressure cooker, no real guile or style to them, they just try and play at a tempo the opposition can’t live with and force mistakes and get the sprinters in behind.

Atleti knew that, knew what they were in for and ground them down, it’s pure machoism, real manly stuff from them (cc Colm O’Rourke).

Last night was a victory for football.

4 Likes

:rofl:

Can you hear the @tazdedub sing?
NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can you hear the @tazdedub sing?
I can’t hear a fucking thing!

5 Likes