2019/2020 UEFA Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

When was that exactly? Italian teams are the third most successful in terms of champions leagues and Europa leagues/UEFA cups. The vast majority of countries would kill for their record

Not in the last decade. No Italian Champions League winner since 2010. Fairly sure there was no Italian Europa League winner in that timeframe either.

Not a hope… A tired Liverpool battered them but couldn’t take their chances. They’ll be dogged but don’t have enough.

That’s some revisionism.

2 Likes

Bribing refs has worked well for Liverpool in the past few seasons.

Battered them and lost home and away?

1 Like

It’s not … The first leg was even enough. Madrid had a 10 / 15 minute period where they won the game. Liverpool destroyed them second leg and missed at least 4 glorious chances. Madrid caught them with a sucker punch in extra time and that was that.

They’re not the team of 2/3 years ago but will still be hard bet.

It clearly is revisionism.

Atletico won the first leg in second gear. And then turned the screw on Liverpool at the crunch time.

Liverpool are a one trick pony, their fitness levels are astonishing but when they can’t sprint the ball into the net, they looks utterly devoid of ideas. When they come up against a well drilled, well organised side like Atletico they looked lost.

1 Like

That’s the beauty of soccer ball mate. You gotta put the ball in the net. The game at Anfield is as one sided a game you’ll ever see. Liverpool cut them open time and again but fluffed their chances . I’d love to see them win it but I think that ship has sailed.

tenor (2)

1 Like

Right…

No that didn’t happen. They out-foxed ye, out-fought ye and then outclassed ye when it mattered

1 Like

Simeone is living rent free in the KOKs heads.

i.e they hung on for dear life and got lucky :rofl:

We’ve got a Scouse Goebbels from the arsehole of Limerick posting here.

Deary me.

Take your beating like a man and stop this revisionist crap. Atletico destroyed ye both mentally and physically.

4 Likes

Apparently Morata coming on and ragdolling Van Dijk is Atletico getting lucky.

A lad who pretends he is of Italian heritage, was born in Armagh, yet supports Tyrone, and dispises the EPL, yet watches it religiously… Is giving it the big’un here …lolzers :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You’re deflecting now, Goebbels.

I gave an honest assessment of why I think they won’t win it… nothing more. You need to calm down.

1 Like

They got lucky, winning both legs of a two legged tie. Pure fluke.

1 Like