2019/2020 UEFA Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

I stopped using pelanty after an intervention by @Watchyourtoes several months ago.

1 Like

Michael Owen has put on some tub. Barely recognise him.

When did Perisic go to Bayern? They have some strength in depth

I see Jordan Henderson lifting Old Big Ears is still the final montage on the Champions League theme song!

Was it the great Buff Egan that first coined the term pelanty?

Chris Waddle has been saying it for 30 year.

Informative.

Lads. Athletico have been moved OUT to 17/2. That’s outrageous. One off games. Their first is RB Leipzig. Old school know how against new boys who no longer have their talismanic striker. Piece of piss.
When they win that they play Atalanta or PSG. Plucky new boys( but italians) or serial bottlers PSG. Easily a 50/50 game to get to a final. Then they get Bayern. At that stage we’ll have the place money in our pockets(1/3rd of 17/2) and be on a free hit.

4 Likes

They’ll piss by Leipzig but if PSG are sharp after their break they’ll win.

I think Atalanta will beat PSG

2 Likes

We are going to do it.

2 Likes

PSG are mercenaries and have bottled every tough champions league game for the last 5 years. Pissed themselves after beating barca 4-0. Got beaten at home last year by a United side with a load of injuries. Fucking United. They are mercenaries. It’ll be mercenaries v a band of warriors led by a genghis Khan.

2 Likes

Atalanta may be rode by the ref. PSG have paid their dues and will collect a semi final on the back of it me thinks.

Atalanta are missing Ilicic

Covid in the Atleti camp.

What happens fulvio ?

Liverpool replace them under Rule 17 Subsection (xi) of the UEFA Code Governing Champions League

3 Likes

They’ll either have to kick Atletico out at this stage or just void the tournament for 2019/20.

The really strong premier league has the exact same number of teams left as the shambles league in Italy and half as many as the poor Spanish league.

4 Likes

Correa and Vrsaljko tested positive. The rest of the squad tested negative since and are free to play. Two players who would have been close to starting but not monumental losses either