2019/2020 UEFA Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

An hour ago you were saying Barcelona would win.

1 Like

I know they’ve been very poor but this isn’t over. They need to play far better obviously.

The away goal rule is a nonsense in circumstances where there is no crowd and basically no advantage whatsoever in playing in your own stadium.

:grinning:

You do know this is a one off game in Lisbon?

1 Like

I obviously know that. That was my whole point.

Yeah they seem to appoint obscure or mediocre enough managers lately. Bielsa would have been worth a punt ahead of a lot of the recent appointments.

What’s that got to do with griezemann signing? He didn’t start tonight and they spent their whole budget on him.

How did Stephen Kelly fluke his way into this job?

1 Like

If you had one man to take a penalty and both his and your lives depended on it, I’d take Muller.

It would have to be both lives though, if it was just yours he would miss for the craic I’d say

The lad Gerard martino was the strangest of them all. They were a savage team back then too.

Valverde did a very good job in hindsight

So how did you expect them to win tonight?

Because I don’t really rate Bayern and figured if it turned into a shot out Barcelona could them. Also in one odd games v man united in 09, 11 and juve in 15 they’ve sensational. I thought a one legged tie would suit Barcelona.

Semedo is malojan

That was hilarious defending. Straight high ball up the middle and they nearly concede a goal

Bayern have been outstanding this season. The Barca teams from those years were completely different animals to this team

Obviously Bayern were strong favourites but I don’t think the German league is upto much so it’s hard to judge. For all Bayern are dominating Barcelona have missed a few sitters as well. I think they are overrated personally.

Yeah Barca were sensational on a regular basis back then. Even the 2015 team had an unreal front 3. Bayern have dismantled nearly everyone they’ve come across in Europe this season alright.

Do the Barca defenders ever bother looking across the defensive line?

This is like a game of fifa. Chipped through ball. Spam sprint. Goal

1 Like