2019 Predictions

Liverpool to win PL and Man City to win CL.
Leeds to romp home in the Championship.
Kerry for Sam, Clare for Liam.

I’m confidently predicting that we’ll be looking at the Brendan Grace organised show from the Olympia in aid of the Forget me Nots as a staple of Christmas shite for the next 20 years.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Hard to believe the rugby wasn’t higher tbh

Hard to believe the FAI are staring at financial armageddon* looking at that

*a dig out from uefa, the gubbermint and dinny o brien

Seamus Callinan’s goal in AIF is forgettable . The goal v wex in semi is the goal of the year in my view .

Was anyone here surveyed ??

The goal v Laois trumped the both of them.

There’s a few that should be sectioned.

1 Like

I thought his goal versus limerick where he looked like he was taking a point, saw the gap changed his mind, swerved in and shifted through the gears in a split second before smashing it home was a moment of absolute genius

That was spectacular but the goal in the semi was amazing . The ball was going away from him and goal . A ground strike at the tight angle , a very difficult thing to do technically especially in an era when ground hurling isn’t coached much .

That was a super goal. The key was having the instinct to allow it bounce a second time thereby giving him more control. Most fellas would have swiped at it on the first bounce and sent it anywhere.

1 Like

Were Lk defenders a bit standoffish for the Munster final goal ?

The entire City End terrace saw that goal happening about 10 seconds before it went it. It was absolutely sign-posted. Thankfully it just seemed to wake us up on the day.

1 Like

In real time it seemed almost slow motion .

1 Like

Sounds like the capo Declan Kelly got final say on a few selections.

Yes.

2 Likes

Gillanes v Waterford in league final best for mine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50850085eyes