2019 Roland Garros

The blue riband tennis event of the year starts next week.

I see 6ft8 giraffe and Wimbledon finalist Kevin Anderson and 6ft10 giraffe and Wimbledon semi finalist John Isner have both withdrawn from this year’s event to be ready for Wimbledon, the preserve of big serving giraffes.

Rafa has had a relatively poor clay court season so far but a win in Rome at the weekend was a timely confidence booster.

2 Likes

Vamos Rafa.

Could this be the year of Dominic Thiem?

I see Roger Ped is playing this year.

Seems like a very ill advised move by GOAT Federer to be playing on the muck this year. He ended having to play two matches in Rome last week on the Thursday, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Unsurprisingly his near 38 year old body couldn’t sustain that, picked up an injury and wasn’t able to play on Friday. He should really be skipping this event again to focus on the blue riband event of the year, the Championship.

So he should have withdrawn along with the giraffes?

He’s jeopardising his prospects for the Big One by playing at Roland Garros. I would strongly suspect that Roger is retiring at the end of this season and that’s why he’s playing. The Paris crowds like tennis crowds everywhere just adore him and that’s why he’s taking on a fuller calendar this year.

the French crowds will remember roger ped as a bottler who didn’t turn up and not good enough when he did turn up.

The French may root from the Swiss man but they are always left dejected when he is destroyed by Nadal.

Nadal has had a reasonably favourable draw on paper.

If he’s in good form and injury free then he should be making the semi final without much fuss, Nishikori could be a tricky QF obstacle though.

I’d fancy Tsitsipas to come through to the SF on the other side, I think Federer will make the quarter finals but the Greek will probably have too much for him if he is on his game.

I think on paper, Djokovic has a more difficult route. He will have to face young pretenders the likes of young pretenders Shapovalov and Zverev if things go to form and will likely have to face Thiem in a SF.

Thiem at 13/2 is the value bet for me to win it outright.

Can’t wait for this to start.

1 Like

Same post again as this time last year really.

The luck of the draw.

Bet you wont be saying the same next month when wimbledon is on. You will be bitching and moaning as usual.

I don’t bitch and moan. Wimbledon fix their seedings which is nothing to do with luck or chance.

1 Like

And we are off. Roland garos luck of the draw, Wimbledon is a fix. Muck is great, grass is shit. Waffle waffle waffle.

1 Like

The seedings is Wimbledon are not a meritocracy. They are the only slam that deviate from the world rankings. They don’t like outsiders at Wimbledon, only incestuous giraffes.

1 Like

Yawn same old same old, Wimbledon, giraffes, fix, Nadal was robbed, cheats. Change the record.

You don’t like facts.

Nah just a low tolerance for people who just spout shite

1 Like

I’m not spouting shite.

You didn’t know that Wimbledon is the only slam who don’t use the rankings for their seedings?